Mistakes of careless housewives who undertake to cook mushrooms, not knowing the basics

I just love mushrooms and often cook them for my dishes. However, I noticed that sometimes the mushrooms turn black after frying, and in the soup they lose their taste. Cooking mushrooms is a simple matter. But you still need to know a few nuances. I'm going to tell you today. How to cook fresh mushrooms So that they do not darken, and also share other tricks.

Mushrooms are a universal garnish for meat and a successful addition to any porridge, potatoes or pasta. For example, I really like to cook mushrooms with vegetables and noodles. I know for sure that the dish will be both delicious and hearty.

Only here sometimes mushrooms turn black during frying. This is due to the special carbon contained in mushrooms. The product begins to darken under the influence of high temperatures, and this is normal. However, you do not want to spoil the appearance of the dish. Fortunately, you can use a simple trick and save the usual color of mushrooms.

To do this, you need to sprinkle mushrooms before hot lemon juice. This product is also used, for example, during the preparation of charlottes, so that the apples do not darken.

It can be added directly during the preparation of mushrooms. However, keep in mind that this will give the dish a slightly sour taste. If you like it, try experimenting.

What you need to know when cooking mushrooms Bought in the store mushrooms should not be washed. Like a sponge, they quickly absorb excess moisture, in return losing their taste and aroma. I'm used to peeling mushrooms, although I know few people do. Anyway, there is unpleasant dirt on the skin, and it is absolutely easy for me to get rid of it. Especially the mushrooms are very malleable.

Mushrooms are important to store properly. For this, a plastic container with a lid is suitable, ideally covered with several paper towels. Fresh mushrooms and oysters can be eaten raw. This applies exclusively to cultivated mushrooms. They should be strong, light and dense.

But dark mushrooms with a slippery surface and a flat hat are better to bypass. In spoiled champignons, as a rule, loose flesh, and on the cut of the legs a strong darkening is noticeable. Not only can they not be eaten raw, but they should not be fried.

If you do not want the mushrooms to lose their taste and aroma, do not use aluminum dishes for their preparation. During heating, aluminum oxidizes the components that are contained in mushrooms. This, by the way, also affects their color.

Culinary tricks Try to roast fresh mushrooms in a dry pan on a medium heat to a golden crust. At this stage, mushrooms can burn quickly, so watch the process and stir them from time to time. When the mushrooms burn, add oil to them and give them a few more minutes. This method reveals the taste of mushrooms in a new way.

If you make mushroom soup, remember the golden rule: the next day it will taste better. It is most convenient to cook soups with mushrooms in the evening. We share a simple recipe for delicious soup at the link.

To mushroom dish became even more aromatic and tasty, safely add herbs and spices. For example, mushrooms are perfectly combined with dill, parsley, romarin and oregano. Also pay attention to coriander, mustard seeds, cumin and nutmeg.

We know that many of our readers collect mushrooms on their own. Although the start of the mushroom season is still far away, preparation for it can be started in advance. If you are new to this business, it is important to learn as much as possible about forest mushrooms.

We have a small selection on this topic: a list of common edible mushrooms. Also, my colleague Vita Watchman talked about how to properly collect opsoms in the forest.

In addition, we have excellent material on how to grow white mushrooms yourself. You will find detailed instructions on the link. As they say, not one champignon.

What kind of mushrooms do you like best? It will be great if you share your signature mushroom recipe with us in the comments!

Tags

See also

New and interesting