Simple guidelines on how to determine the freshness of fish on the counter for her to find spices, sauces and pickles. Tips on cooking different varieties, proof of the benefits of omega-3 fats and a few simple recipes that can be prepared each.
How to choose fresh fish
Stale fish visible to the naked eye is clouded, with the smell vaguely reminiscent of sea water or clean the pond. But how to choose the freshest of those that at first glance seem good.
Sea or river, all fish can be identified several indicators of absolute freshness.
A closer look at the fish:
- the eyes of fresh fish are bright, clear, black or transparent, but not muddy
- the body or flesh of fresh fish is elastic and dense; if you press your finger to form a dent — fish, fresh
- scales tight to the skin, smooth and shiny
- the gills red or pink
- tail elastic and moist; dry or curled says not the first freshness
The cooking time is to buy a fish is on the day of cooking or the day before.
Obvious tips on choosing fresh, floating in the water or the fish stored on ice will always taste better frozen.
Condiments and sauces
The question "What season the fish?" is rather a matter of taste. But a few key vectors still exist. Mix herbs and oil, salt and dry spices, and fish ready to serve with classic time-tested recipes of sauces.
Friends with any of the fish. By rinsing the whole carcass of fish or fillet, and wiping it dry, RUB the fish outside and hollow inside, so the meat remains more juicy and acquire a ruddy crust.
Lemon juice smoothes uneven in taste and excess oiliness of the fish. But don't ignore the zest of citrus — any marine fish can be stuffed with lemon slices and then the meat will soak a gentle, subtle tangy flavor.
Thyme, rosemary, green garlic, oregano and marjoram, tarragon and mint, parsley and dill the usual all aromatic herbs blend perfectly with the fish. You can add them to sauces and dressings, to mix with butter and stuffed them the fish, add in minced fish and pates.
Better yet, flavored salt, which goes well with fish fillets and make just cooked fish, delicious dish. Several options to choose from. Flaky sea salt + rosemary + zest of 1/2 orange, mix all in the mortar and stir. Zest of 1 lemon + peppercorns + coarse sea salt, all together grind in a mortar or in a blender. Sea salt + a pinch of lavender flowers, mix and allow to stand a minimum of 7 days.
Meat different fish made them appreciate its dietary qualities, it is useful vitamins and easily digestible protein, but the most valuable here are the omega-3 fats.
Once in the stomach, they are quickly absorbed and penetrate through the blood into the cells, affecting their structure and activity: improve the heart, brain, eye health and joints, reduce cholesterol. Omega-3 is one of the most powerful antioxidants, helps to eliminate free radicals and, thereby, preventing the aging process in the body.
Fatty acid — a powerful protivovospalitel. The so-called fish oil is indicated for eczema, allergies, asthma, Alzheimer's disease, nervous disease, diabetes, psoriasis and other skin diseases.
The highest content of omega-3 fats, not surprisingly, is meat fatty fish:
- The salmon family – baking, grilling, frying, propuskanii
- Trout – baking, grilling, frying, propuskanii
- Carp and catfish – baking, stir-frying in the pan
- Sea bass, sea bass, Dorado and other dense sea fish with white meat – roasting, grilling, frying, propuskanii
- Acne – baking, stir-frying on the grill, in the oven
- Tuna – grilling, frying, roasting
- Pike – baking, grilling, frying, propuskanii
- Mackerel, mackerel, herring — salted fillet, frying in the pan