Yesterday my mother-in-law came to me, she knew I was home, because there was a baby stroller under the door, but I didn't let her on the doorstep.

Come without warning It is a bad habit that many people cannot get rid of. Therefore, they come to visit whenever they want, which creates a lot of inconvenience to the owners, if they are at home at all. It is not surprising that such visits often cause misunderstanding.

And today's edition. "Site" She will share the story of a young woman who hated it when her mother-in-law came to her without warning. And at some point, this confrontation crossed all boundaries. And it turned out to be a pretty ridiculous situation.

I have always been a supporter of the idea that after marriage it is necessary to live separately from parents. Because otherwise it is almost impossible to maintain normal human relationships in the family. In addition, it is calm and comfortable when there is no one on your territory except for your husband and child, Ksenia writes.

“It was all the more frustrating to find out that someone didn’t care about my personal territory at all. This is about a mother-in-law who somehow decided that my apartment is now her home. He comes here whenever he pleases.”

“During these six months, I was very tired of her. I went on maternity leave, and it started. Two or three times a week she always comes to visit. And warns about the visit when it is already approaching the entrance. "Hello, Xyushenka, are you home?" I was passing by. I think let me come in. Before I can put two words in, she is ringing at the door.”

“Already in every way she tried to hint that I might have my own business, my own plans. At this time I can rest with the child after a sleepless night, I can drink tea with my girlfriend, I can start cleaning, I can do something else. But she doesn't care. She seems convinced that it does not concern her. And if she's a relative, I always have to wait for her. Any day and any time!

Do not open the door "This time I saw my mother-in-law out the window." I decided not to open it. She knew I was home because there was a baby stroller under the door, but I stood my ground to the end. She rang the doorbell, knocked, but I never opened it. It was a pity to keep her in a cold driveway in the winter, but I decided it would be science for her.

“In the end, my mother-in-law was terribly offended. I complained to my husband, and now he thinks I did something stupid. I tried to call her to explain everything, but she didn't even answer the phone. Now he does not go to us, even the grandson ceased to be interested, Ksenia wonders.

The advice of the editorial board is understandable, because it is not a matter when relatives refuse to open the door for you. And the daughter-in-law should not have acted so radically, because now the relationship will not be easy to establish. The case of closed doors will always be remembered.

Perhaps Xenia should have conveyed her position more gently to her mother-in-law. Perhaps it would be better to just go about your business, not paying attention to each visit of the mother-in-law. Planning a clean-up, do the cleaning. If you drink tea with your girlfriend, keep drinking tea. I wanted to go for a walk with the child – go for a walk.

Simply do not change your plans because of unexpected guests, and do not hesitate to explain it to them. Then over time, such people will definitely understand that it is better to warn about your visit in advance, otherwise the hosts will simply not care about them.

Whose side are you on in this situation? You support the daughter-in-law's decision?

Tags

See also

New and interesting