Phrases with hidden meaning

We all want to hear. delight from his other half. It inspires and shows love. But it often happens that affectionate harmless phrases actually suppress our personality. Psychologist Leon F. Seltzer believes that certain compliments can serve as an effective tool for manipulators. After all, it often happens that everything seems good in a relationship, but you feel uncomfortable.

DepositPhotos

Editorial "Site" 5 phrases that, according to psychologists, are often used by manipulators and neurotics. But it all depends on the nature of the relationship and words can have a direct meaning without a trick.

Toxic relationships
  1. “You are my universe! I breathe you.
    A very fondling phrase. It would seem that could be more pleasant? But such a phrase can have a completely different meaning. Very often it is said by people who can not realize anything else. If this is said by a woman/man who does not do anything else or can not find a place in life, you need to think. After all, in the end you will be manipulated: “I sacrificed everything for you, and you behave like this!”, “If you leave me, I will kill myself!”, etc. So think about it and do not let your partner completely dissolve in the relationship. Talk, try to help him find a hobby or a job, a social circle. Otherwise, the relationship will become toxic.

DepositPhotos

2. "All for you!"
    Perhaps a favorite phrase of neurotics. They do something and maybe you don’t need it or even like it. But they want to be thanked. Being useful is their life principle. Naturally, they do everything in the name of the relationship, often sacrificing themselves. They only work for you and you do nothing in return. Very often in such relationships, you can turn into a victim and feel a sense of constant duty to your partner. In a relationship, everything has to be mutual. You need to be interested in your partner and cut off what you do not need in time. Try to make it clear to your partner that you need to do everything together and find a compromise, not just sacrifice something.

DepositPhotos

3. In a relationship, I value trust.
    Manipulators use these phrases to find out information about you, which is then used against you. When you open your soul to a person, you must be sure that it will not be turned into ashes. If your partner uses some of your stories in quarrels or suppresses you with their help, think about breaking up the relationship. Trust should be, but only mutual and based on respect. They can’t ask you for information, and they can only talk by mood.

DepositPhotos
  4. “The family should come first.”
    For example, in a relationship, one partner likes to communicate with friends, has his hobbies and activities. A toxic partner will always tell you that family matters. Therefore, you need to give up your personal space and devote all the time to relationships. Often he will still make various arguments that friends are bad, only money is lured out on the mug. Total demotivation. Such antics on the part of a partner are very toxic. After all, first he will protect you from the whole world, and then accuse you of boredom and unwillingness to develop. It’s important to work on relationships and make time for each other, but it’s equally important to have time and space to relax from each other.

DepositPhotos

5. "Without you, I'll be lost."
    The phrase sounds like the first one. In this case, the partner completely transfers responsibility for his life to you and binds him to himself. No matter what you do, no matter what you say, no matter how you guide him through life, he will still be a victim. Very often, your empathy and desire to help only provoke such manipulative behavior. It is very difficult to build such an attitude in the long run. A constant sense of duty will overwhelm you from within. Yes, a neurotic can be corrected, but only if he admits his position and wants to become a happy full-fledged person, and not your burden.

DepositPhotos

But that doesn't mean that everything phrasing Your partner only talks to manipulate you. It all depends on his behavior. Too often, toxic partners act unknowingly because of their childhood psychological traumas, repeat the pattern of behavior of one parent, or have had unhealthy previous relationships.

In any case, in a relationship you need to feel happy. As soon as you feel discomfort, try to understand its cause. Talk to your partner and if it’s because of him, help him psychologically.

We’ve also talked about why we should end relationships with toxic relatives.

Tell us in the comments if you've had a relationship with a toxic partner. Share this article with your friends on social media!

Photo by depositphotos preview.

Tags

See also

New and interesting