Recipe for herring under a fur coat without beets

We all can not imagine a New Year’s feast without herring under a fur coat. But, as you know, everything flows, everything changes, especially culinary fashion.

So herring for the New Year decided to change its traditional burgundy coat for fashionable clothes in lighter and cheerful colors.

At first, I treated the changes in the classic recipe with disbelief, but I tried it and now I recommend it to everyone. Due to the presence of fresh cucumber "coat" It turns out to be pleasantly refreshing, with a delicate and juicy taste.

Herring under a fur coat salad In the article about mistakes when cooking herring under a fur coat, we, among other things, advised to cook beets separately from other vegetables, so that they do not color.

Fortunately, those who have to prepare a salad according to our current recipe, can not worry about such trifles. After all, including fresh cucumber in the recipe, we excluded beets from it.

Fans of bold experiments can go further and add a fresh unsweetened apple or replace fresh cucumber with salty one. The original taste of the salad will give aromatic sauerkraut, spicy carrots in Korean instead of ordinary and fried onions instead of pickled. The main thing is that the ingredients are at least minimally combined.

The ingredients
  • 200g herring
  • 3 potatoes
  • 1 bulb
  • 2 carrots
  • 1 fresh cucumber
  • 100g hard cheese
  • mayonnaise

Preparation
  1. Boil the potatoes and carrots.
  2. Peel and rub boiled vegetables on a large grater.

3. Cut the bow finely.
  4. Mix the potatoes with 3 tablespoons of mayonnaise. This will be the first layer of our salad.
  5. The next layer is a finely sliced onion.
  6. Then lay out the herring fillet sliced in cubes.

7. A layer of grated carrots and grated cucumber (juice can be squeezed).

8. On top, grease the mayonnaise salad, sprinkle with grated cheese and send it to the refrigerator for a couple of hours.

9. The coat without beets is ready. Bon appetit!

Try to mix mayonnaise for "coat" with sour cream 1: 1. And less fat and softer taste.

Tags

See also

New and interesting