Situation with a cunning brother that requires money for his share of the apartment

The apartment question often brings to tears. And when it comes to inheritance and the child is not alone, everything affects the relationship of the closest people not in the best way. Anna was in a difficult situation. She said that the apartment in two parts was not a gift for her and her brother, but a curse.

“It all started when my mother decided to make a will in advance. As long as she's bright, so to speak. She lost her husband 8 years ago and every year she talks more and more about how she wants to join her beloved in heaven. When I was writing my will, she advised me to save money to buy my brother’s share.”

Apartment in two parts "Our mother turned 78 this year." So she decided to make a will. I am 35 and my older brother is 37. My father passed away 8 years ago, but I didn’t leave her alone. At that moment I divorced my husband, and my mother offered to live with her. Since then, I have been living with my mother in a three-bedroom apartment. The brother, although living separately, does not approve of this state of affairs.

Last month, my mother told us about her will. She mentioned me and her brother in the document. We shared a three-bedroom apartment where we now live. Vova does not need an apartment, he has his own house and no problems with finances. So I expected my mom to sign her apartment for me. Although Vova has no need for housing, her mother could not fail to mention him in her will because he is her own son.

Over the years of my life with my mother, I have repeatedly repaired our apartment and invested in it. My mom knew that, so she gave me advice. She told me to start saving for my brother's share. At the same time, she leaves me two-thirds of the apartment, and one Vové.

Vova understood why her mother ordered this, but did not refuse her share. I remember our neighbors sharing an apartment. The two sisters did not agree, one did not want to give her share and sold the share to strangers. And after that, I lived in a dorm for two years.

I understood everything and was ready to save money. But the timing of the purchase was wrong for me and my mother. Vova offered to meet a week later. He admitted that he urgently needed money. He asked me to take out a loan and give away his share, and then he would just give up his share and not inherit.

I decided to think. It doesn’t look very beautiful or even suspicious. But can you not trust your brother? That’s not how I planned everything, let alone never wanted to borrow money to give it to my brother.

From the editorial board, credit is a serious matter. Anya loves his brother and does not want to hurt him, but his brother is not completely honest. Having his own house and funds for a separate living, he asks his sister in a disadvantaged financial situation to aggravate this situation for his own benefit. If I were Ani, I would not take a loan, but would save money to buy part of the apartment when it would be easier to do it. What would you do?

Tags

See also

New and interesting