My mother came back from abroad and gave me news that I couldn’t help but cry.

What is the manifestation of motherly love? The question, at first glance, is banal. But if you think about it carefully, everyone will have their own answer. Children from poor large families will be delighted to talk about all the little things they remember. The only child from a richer family will not even pay attention to this.

Peels People grow up in different environments. Social, material and even spiritual. Brother and sister will not feel the same. Think about how the family treats boys and girls. In this regard, not the most pleasant situations may arise. Especially when it comes to financial aid.

Our family can rightfully be called friendly. We have successfully overcome many trials that life has prepared for us. And each time coped with the tasks well. But when, after a long illness, our father left us, luck ceased to favor us.

Living in a small town is no different. My brother and I went to the same school. The living father was a worker at the factory, and his mother was engaged in household chores. I think it was an average family. Our parents treated us the same way. Of course, the Pope paid more attention to Ivan in some sports matters. My mom tried to teach me some aspects of my housewife’s life.

My brother and I had the same rights and responsibilities. Because of the bad habit, the father often coughed at night. But I couldn't quit. Mom was very concerned about this, but it was not possible to dissuade Dad from his smoky passion. Neither gum nor village wizards helped. For a day or two, Dad was suffering without nicotine, and then he ran back to the stall.

After his death, things didn't go well. My brother was in his first year and I had just finished high school. My mom had no choice but to get a job. Of course, the salary was appropriate. We tried our best to help, but things didn’t get better. My mother had a serious conversation with us.

Since my brother was no longer living at home, and I had to move to the hostel every day, my mother decided to try her luck abroad. She had absolutely no connections or even knowledge of the language. But she could not think of another way out either. For the next couple of years, we were actually provided with housing from the state. So the question was relevant. Can we live without our parents for a while?

There was no other way, and the situation was clear. What else was there to do? At least Mom had some personal savings for a rainy day. She was able to pay her way, and she shared the rest between me and my brother. From time to time, we would call and tell my mom how we were doing. Of course, we lived in different dormitories, but we saw my brother almost every two months. Year after year, these meetings became less frequent.

I got married in my third year. Now I have my own family. After only a year, I started living with my husband and his parents. Fortunately, their three-room apartment allowed to see their father-in-law and mother-in-law not so often. But, you know, someone else's home is someone else's. I also spent a lot of time in the office.

My brother lived with a girl in a civil marriage. At least that's what he told everyone. They met in their freshman year and left the dorm as soon as they realized they were serious. She's a nice girl, I've spoken to her several times. In principle, we can say that we have already begun to live the adult life, when everyone is on his own. So my mom could never go anywhere and just stay home.

Exactly the day after I found out I was pregnant, my mother announced to me and my brother that she had decided to return. Tickets are already purchased, so wait, dear children. With hotels and stories about life in another country. The good news is that we can finally be together as a real and friendly family.

I won't bore you with the information that Mom bought us a bunch of clothes and stuff she liked. We celebrated in our old apartment, evicting the tenants. We did some repairs, so everything was at the top. The guests were not invited and decided to do so later. The presence of someone extra, even my husband, would be inappropriate.

And it was a good idea because he didn't see my tears. And I cried very much with resentment and a sense of injustice. The thing is, the money my mom made for so many years, she decided to give to my older brother. The logic was that I was already married and had a home. Even with your husband's parents. But I don't live in crowded places. It's a nice, clean house.

My brother is huddled in a rented apartment with his “civil wife” (read girl). He pays money to a stranger every month. Because of this, his family cannot grow and move forward. Well, it was my idea to rent out our old apartment, so I took most of the money. That’s because my brother agreed to it. He said he was not supposed to take anything material from me as a man.

And now my mother repaid me like this. Then what is the expression of motherly love? To my fair remark that the money could be divided equally, she refused. This decision will not benefit anyone. Everything will remain in its place and it turns out that she wasted years of her life for no reason. And my husband will still have time to earn a new apartment.

Speaking of husband. We also had a misunderstanding with him. He resented me for my reaction and tears. Said he never thought it was bad for me to share an apartment with his parents. His mother can cook something and clean it up. I haven’t told anyone that I’m in a position yet.

I don’t know if I’m going to tell you this or wait until all the emotions subside. On the one hand, the mother will probably change her mind to deprive a pregnant daughter and, perhaps, the money for an apartment will still go to me. But now I'm thinking, maybe I really don't need a separate apartment. It's definitely not going to be repaired. And the mistress of me, what a sin to hide, so to myself.

What to do, because the question is quite serious. I don’t want to hurt Vanya, I love him very much. But there's no way you can afford it. My husband and I will soon be in the family. That’s the kind of thing I’m in to this day. What to do, I have no idea. If anyone can help, let them tell you what is right. I can't decide.

Tags

See also

New and interesting