At first, the father died, and soon after he went and his mother, it was time to discuss with his brother the fate of the parental apartment.

If you ask a fortune teller, What does a brother dream of?She'll tell you, either for a quick meeting or something very bad. Psychologists will answer, correcting glasses, that the plots of dreams are not important. The main thing is what emotions they carry. An ordinary person will simply advise you to communicate with your relative. And he'll probably be most right. Why do these divinations and calculations, if the usual meeting is always easier and more pleasant?

In general, the relationship between brother and sister is often quite ambiguous. Especially if there is a big age difference between them. Because in this case, parents treat them differently, they have few mutual acquaintances and friends. Hobbies, respectively, are also often different. Obviously, when such a brother and sister grow up, it is unlikely that they will be able to become close to each other. Life can be different though.

Usually parents love the younger children in the family more. But in my case, it was the opposite. The older brother, with whom we have a difference of 8 years, was a spoiler. Everything was allowed to him and he actively used it. I played sports, had many friends, in general, all my childhood I was silently jealous of him. A full girl that even mom and dad talked to through their teeth. Well, you can't force yourself to love, right? But you can change the situation by your perseverance, although it will take time.

Vlad graduated from school without threes only because the entire teaching staff loved him. I know this only because almost all teachers, when I was growing up and studying, compared us. That was the feeling for a girl of my age. Oh, come on. It's in the past. In general, after school, his brother entered the institute, but then he safely left. Why? Because he found himself a bride. Honestly, a more beautiful and stupid girl, I probably have never seen in my life.

Whatever it was, they had everything twisted, as they say, adult. Vlad pulled himself together and instead of disappearing with friends, he started going to work. Even now I remember that my parents, while I was at home with them, as if they were playing in silence. But in those rare moments, when my brother came home, everything seemed to blossom and mom and dad became normal people. But I didn't care. I've always been a nerd, so books have been my true friends. What to do if there are no other options?

Like I said, Vlad got a job and became more serious. After a while, he stopped appearing at home and rented accommodation for himself and his girlfriend. However, in “paradise” everything was not so clear. Every few weeks my brother would come home angry and often drunk. His parents never asked him anything, but he always came back. As I can now assume, his girlfriend was so mind-absorbing that he just couldn't be in the same apartment with her. Have you ever wondered how you can be so sensitive?

Time passed and Vlad finally gave up. They came one day together in our two-room Khrushchev and with an important look announced, they say, everything. They are now adults and will get married. Mom almost flew that night. My dad laughed too, hugging everyone. The holiday was no worse than the New Year. Quickly set the table, sat down. My brother hugged me even then, that's how happy he was. Before that, we either quarreled or ignored each other.

As far as I understand, the wedding was paid for by our parents, because only a few friends came from the bride's side. Oh, come on, there was no chic. It was in a cafe in the next yard. I don't remember what the party was like, but I do remember getting someone right out the window. And then the guests started to separate and so my brother got married. I could not even think of being with a man. Excessive fullness and views on life did not allow me this.

Then, 4 years later, his brother’s family had a daughter. She was called Victoria. A very sweet child, with huge eyes and very, very quiet. Unfortunately for the whole family, the girl was unwanted by her mother. My brother’s wife started having daily tantrums and tears. It must be nerve-wracking. She eventually filed for divorce and left the family. It all happened instantly. There was nothing to share with his brother, so she just disappeared into the bustle of the city. At the time, I felt sorry for Vlad.

He, by the way, despite his sloppy disposition, was morally simply crushed. The departure of his ex-wife was critical for his brother. And being a single dad to a person who didn’t understand anything about it, in general, is difficult. Not that I somehow imbued him with sisterly love or, especially, began to regret, but I wanted to help him. So I just started coming to their apartment after work and babysitting the baby. It was a pleasure, I confess to you honestly.

My brother rebuilt his working day and started going to night shifts. So during the day he was a father, and in the evening, when he left and I came, I was Vicki's mother. That's how we lived for a few years. I had a good time and started living alone too. Literally, alone. Don't get me wrong, I don't want to complain or whine, but I'm comfortable now. I tried to make a relationship, but nothing worked. And I am humbled, so that this page in life can safely turn.

My father left first because of the illness. My mom cried for a year and a half and got sick too. Doctors said heart. But I think it was the usual grief. After the funeral in the morning, I had to go to work. And only in the evening I was able to free myself and to quickly eat and go to my brother, to watch little Vika, who by this time had already managed to grow up. But my brother was not alone, but with several of our distant relatives whom I did not remember at all.

They talked quietly about the past, remembering our parents. In general, they did everything as it should. But someone encouraged Vlad that he could finally move into his parents' apartment. It can save money on the child and in general, even in his situation should not be discouraged. I listened to it and felt people staring through me like I was some kind of shadow. It's like a superfluous person, even though it was my parents too! But I stopped talking to my brother in person.

What did my brother dream of in the night? I wondered what my brother was dreaming about. Probably a serious conversation. No more pulling.

The next day I left work early and thought about it. And here's the conversation we had. I asked my brother how we would divide the apartment. He had nothing to say and I was ready for it. Yes, we can just sell it and divide the money. They won't be superfluous. Or let's do it my way. I want my brother to move out of his rented apartment, but I want Vic to stay at least 10 days a month. So I could play with her, raise her in normal conditions.

I have a nice apartment, part of the work I can take home, with this will not be a problem. I know how to cook and my baby will be better. She can't always eat hastily cooked bachelor's cooking. Vlad has a month to "think." At the moment there is a week and a half left. I won't say he's excited, but we agreed to meet at the end of the deadline. And I think I have every chance to make Vick a great person. Unfortunately, my brother can't do that. I am ready for judgment, believe me. I just hope Vlad makes the right choice.

Tags

See also

New and interesting