I decided to ask my brother for money for a washing machine so that his wife would not wash with her hands, but instead of money he took out a pen and a leaf.

Nicholas always had normality. He could not have imagined that his once innocent request would cast doubt on their continued communication. However, it happened, and the situation was the most pleasant. Why the hero no longer wants to communicate with his older brother Anatoly and how this story ends, read further in the article.

There are two of us in the family: me and my older brother Tolya. I can't say we've always been friends. As a child, I was jealous of his parents and wanted to be better than him. But the 5-year age difference was doing its job. As long as Tolya was successful at everything he took on, I was a backstabber.

I guess I was just jealous of Tole, so the relationship with my brother in the end was not the best way. But we have grown and my priorities are different. I got married and became a father, my focus in life is no longer on racing with Toley, but on my family. I also help parents who live in the countryside.

But my brother sprang out of his nest and rarely remembers his relatives. He became a successful businessman, travels a lot and lives for his own pleasure. I am happy for Tolya, because he always wanted to. But sometimes I find myself thinking that we can never make contact because we are too different.

We rarely meet, except on holidays. Tolya recently came to the anniversary of our mother. I haven’t seen him in a long time, so I was very happy to meet him. Besides, I needed my brother's help.

My wife and I recently borrowed an apartment to make ends meet. Added to all the problems was a broken washing machine that has left my wife washing things with her hands for a month. So I decided that I would ask my brother for a loan to make life easier for my wife.

The unusual condition of his brother Zhene said nothing: he knew that she would be against it. But I didn't see anything shameful about it, not strangers after all. That's what I thought until my brother, in response to my request, pulled out a pen with a piece of paper. "Here, write," Tolya said in an even voice.

I looked at him questioningly. Then he said, "Write a receipt, everything is right." I couldn't believe my brother didn't trust me enough to ask me to write a receipt to lend me some money. And this is despite the fact that he is a very wealthy person!

No, don't think about it, I'd give it to him every penny. But I never imagined it would turn out to be such a scene. Circus! I had to write this damn receipt to please Tola.

When my wife found out, she was very upset: I told you not to borrow from family. It doesn't lead to anything good! Yeah, my wife's right. I will never do that again. A month has passed and my brother is calling, asking me when I will pay him back.

The question arises: why the hell did I write this receipt, if he still calls me and demands to pay back the debt? After this situation, there is a feeling that our relationship with my brother will never improve again. Next time I'd rather take another loan or borrow from a coum than ask Toli. I can't believe it!

Life Wisdom: What does this story teach us? This story shows that family ties do not guarantee that people will develop good relationships. It all depends on the individual. And sometimes you may think you know your brother, sister, or even your mother. But in reality, it turns out to be very different.

Someone will say that asking Anatoly to write a receipt is normal. However, we tend to think that siblings can find a different point of contact and be more responsive to each other.

I wonder if the brothers will be able to improve relations in the future. What do you think?

Tags

See also

New and interesting