I came back from abroad and can’t get used to the way things work at home.

Living abroad is an amazing experience, no matter where you go. Another culture, another language, other people. At every step, you notice some differences from the usual way of things, compare, analyze, find similar things, surprise yourself with your own discoveries.

Such an experience helps to expand the scope of one’s own thinking, to look at familiar things from a new angle, to reconsider previous beliefs that seemed the only correct ones. But, perhaps, after returning from abroad, you will feel that the house is no longer the place to which you are used and in which you liked everything.

After returning from abroad, I managed to get a job abroad and spent 2 years there, away from home. But when I returned to Russia after such a long absence, I realized that there was a lot of irritation. I just can't get used to, I can't go back to the life I lived before.

“It would seem that my relatives, acquaintances and friends live here. I really appreciate them. But I can no longer imagine my future here. I don’t want to have gray days, but something new, some adventures, travel. I dream of living in another country. Lately, I often dream that I am somewhere far away.

“I’m not sure if it’s better to listen to your inner feelings, or if you still succumb to the pressure of your loved ones and stay?” There's also a girl I've been looking after for a long time. But now I realize my feelings have cooled. And while she's a wonderful person, we don't have a future together. I don’t even know who can help me make the right choice so that I don’t regret it later, writes 24-year-old Evgeny.

A curious situation, when on the one hand the dreams and desires of a young man, and on the other - only social pressure. But it seems the pressure is strong enough to keep the guy from making the decision he's leaning towards internally.

Many people succumb to pressure and then spend their lives doing things they don’t like or living in places they don’t like. So is it worth “settling up”, “settling in one place”, “getting a family” or following other advice from loved ones?

Maybe you should listen, but the choice is still better to make your own. Even if the decision turns out to be wrong, you don’t have to blame anyone but yourself. What do you blame yourself for? You made a decision that at the moment seemed the right thing to do. At least I tried. And who says that you will have to regret it later?

One gets the impression that Evgenia is not upset by bad roads, low wages or cold weather. Perhaps he is resisting the future he has. try to impose on loved ones. Perhaps he is frightened by the "only right" image they try on. He fears that his plans and dreams will be forgotten forever.

Does it matter what country you live in? It is important how busy your life is and what it is full of. After all, in the most beautiful country in the world, you can lead a miserable existence. So it's definitely not about choosing a point on the map.

The young man will have to make his own choice. The fact that every decision has its pros and cons is an inevitability that must be accepted. And to learn to choose, as well as to put up with possible losses - a science that will have to be mastered well.

Tags

See also

New and interesting