The Divorce Claims Why You Should Not Get Married

Why do you feel disappointed in the man you married for love? Is it worth paying attention to a man’s financial strength before marriage? How can a happy event turn into a fatal mistake? That's what our story is about today.

I was disappointed in the man I married early. What did I know about family life when I was 19? Just the way my parents lived. And they just turned out like in a fairy tale: first love and forever. So, having such a good example before my eyes, I was sure that my life with Misha will be exactly the same. Oh, how wrong I was...

When Michael proposed to me, I didn’t care about his financial situation. I knew he came from a poor family, but it didn’t bother me. Feelings came first.

My parents saw how much I was in love and did not dare to talk me out of marriage. They paid us for a luxurious wedding, and a year later they also gave us an apartment so that we stopped wandering around on rented ones. In the end, this purchase became a fatal mistake.

It took 6 years, we had 2 beautiful daughters, I managed to take the position of director in the company where I worked all this time. And Misha was unemployed, and remained.

I both provided for the family and managed the housework, but my husband just idled all day in front of the TV. To all my questions about when he would finally find a job, Michael replied, “As soon as I find a better option.”

But the better option hasn’t been around for years, and in the end I’m tired of waiting. I'm tired of pulling it all over me. So I finally decided I wanted to get a divorce.

And as soon as I reported this to my husband, my mother-in-law immediately appeared on our doorstep with threats. Says that if I file for divorce, they'll sue me for half of my property, because the apartment was bought when we were married, which means it belongs to both of us by law.

Honestly, I was just taken aback by this statement. Who would have thought that this family would still have the audacity to shoot for property to which they did not report a penny?

I don't know what to do. Parents say give up and divorce because happiness is more expensive than any apartment. And I can't just give in to these scoundrels!

What would you advise our heroine? You may have faced such a situation in your life. We will be grateful if you share your experience or thoughts on this in the comments!

Tags

See also

New and interesting