The skill of growing greens on the windowsill and how to grow microgreen

With the arrival of spring, we increasingly feel a lack of vitamins. We want juicy vegetables and healthy fresh greens. On the shelves of stores it is not always possible to find the necessary useful products. But I found a way out, and now I grow. windowsill.

Microgreens at home - these are young sprouts rich in vitamins, minerals and biologically active substances. Ideal product for those who adhere to a healthy diet. Greens improve digestion, strengthen immunity, and also activate the body as a whole.

For many years I have been thinking about starting to sprout seeds at home. I have read a lot about the benefits of microgreens, but I try to stick to a healthy diet. But I couldn’t get it together, I was constantly postponing this case.

As a result, I decided to buy special seed growers. I haven't regretted it! The process of growing tiny sprouts is very addictive, once you see the results. The best part is that the first crop can be harvested in a matter of days. You won't have to wait long.

Microgreens at home
  1. Seeds
    I chose the fastest growing seeds and crops. After 5-10 days, you can cut sprouts 2-5 cm high. The main thing is to do this before the opening of the first leaves or at the stage of their appearance. Moreover, microgreens can be safely stored in the refrigerator for up to 5 days. 719250

2. ruccola
    The fastest growing was arugula, which I just love. Such greens can be cut in 5 days. I like that arugula has an interesting nutty flavor and is able to improve any dish.

3. kohlrabi
    I harvested the kohlrabi in 6 days. The taste of this green was a real revelation to me. It is very spicy, with a slight mushroom hue.

4. Leaf mustard
    The greens of mustard leaf, watercress and broccoli also germinate quite quickly. You can try such cultures as beets, radishes, linen, different types of cabbage. Some are even experimenting with nasturtium.

5. Wheat
    Very fast is wheat, which in a week can reach a height of 10-15 cm. You can eat for the third day. It has a sweetish taste and a rather coarse fiber, which is very useful for digestion.

6. basilica
    I've had the longest basil germination. I had to wait two weeks. But I assure you, the unique savory taste of this greenery is worth waiting.

On my desk, a portion of microgreens is present every day. Therefore, daily in my diet useful trace elements and vitamins. Besides, I like to take care of sprouts and create a new life. Nature is beautiful, let at least a small part of it grow in our homes.

Tags

See also

New and interesting