We bought a gold bracelet to my husband’s sister and went to the village for the anniversary, but it turned out that we were not waiting there.

For years. close relatives It can both fade and become stronger. It all depends on whether relatives want to communicate and spend time together or whether personal life and important affairs require too much free time.

We wrote a reader who complains that she can not understand why her relatives do not want to meet and ignore her attempts to somehow get closer. Your blood is not water. You can understand it. And this is the story she told us.

My aunt has two daughters and a son. We come from the countryside, but many years ago, Mom and Dad decided to move to the city. Prospects and infrastructure came first.

My parents are old now and I’m not young at 50. I've seen a lot in my life. I wanted to reconnect with my relatives. I don't have anyone near them anyway. Friends and beloved husband do not count. Children, unfortunately, did not endow nature. Anyway, I wanted to.

I went to my cousin first. It was her birthday soon, and I had a great gift: a watch with a gold bracelet. I gave them to her. Even though my arrival was arranged, my sister received me with a cold. I put everything on the table to a minimum, turned the TV on the news channel and just started eating. There were no guests or husbands at the party.

I stayed with her until the evening because I thought the guests would come and my husband. But none of that happened. Gathered with my thoughts and spirit, I went home, almost late for the last bus. Not fate.

My brother and another cousin were never contacted. They moved to other villages and apparently did not want to maintain any relations with relatives.

So I decided to wait until my aunt's birthday and come to her. That's what happened. We contacted her on the phone, talked for a long time, and I offered to come to her for the anniversary.

I prepared well: I did not give anything, instead I brought a bunch of products: red fish, meat, strong drinks and a whole heap of vegetables. Yes, I know that rural vegetables are not surprising, but in winter and fresh vegetables like cherry tomatoes, cucumbers and Bulgarian pepper in the local store can not buy.

At my aunt’s birthday party, strangely enough, there were guests. A couple of her friends came to the light, purely friendly. No presents and no fanfare. I think since they've known each other for so many years, maybe they're more comfortable. In a foreign monastery with its rules do not climb, as they say.

Somewhere in the evening a familiar shadow passed. Congratulating the birthday girl and sitting on the very edge of the table, even I did not greet. That was my cousin. After a while, I asked her where her husband was, why he didn’t come to the party. The answer was that he was tired and asleep.

And you know, I didn't see my watch on her arm, but I noticed a little bruise on her wrist where it was supposed to be. I noticed from the corner of my eye that there were almost no gifts on the table. My aunt brought everything simple, potatoes, porridge, the like. It's not that I'm really uncomfortable, but I thought, why put everything under your pillow, because the food will just go bad.

Anyway, I wandered home. For a long time I thought about the bruise on my sister’s wrist and what her husband was doing that even fell asleep. And the next day I saw my sister at the train station, and she was sitting there selling vegetables, my vegetables, which I had given to her mother. But I myself saw that they live, though not rich, but not poor. Why all this, because you could just talk and come to something.

I stopped wasting time trying to communicate with my family. Let it be as it was. They live their lives and I live mine. I'd rather spend more time with my husband if we love each other even more. We are not relatives, but soul mates.

Yeah, the situation is pretty bad. But everyone has their own way of life. Someone likes to find a common language with relatives, and someone does not. And people are all different. Economic, cultural, and even age factors exist. We do not advise you to approach all relatives with open arms. Maybe they just don't need it.

Tags

See also

New and interesting