Monitors the activity. Overview bracelet and heart rate monitor Polar Loop Wahoo

Fitness bracelets have been gaining wide popularity. Whether people thought again and decided to monitor the health and lose weight, or just craving for new devices. However, now almost every self-respecting company released trackers to track your activity. Not long ago, my friend Habré dashman shared impressions about Nike Fuelband SE , but today I want to talk about the bracelet, which is very similar to the gadget sports brand. But here in the tracker functionality Polar to order more. Well, you will not long torment his arguments, move on to the review.

When I first saw this bracelet, I had a feeling of deja vu incessant. Polar Loop is very similar to the Nike Fuelband, which I have been using for a year. LEDs are also equipped with which information is displayed, one button, however, let's first things first.

Appearance h4> We start from the beginning, with the box and packaging. Along with the bracelet inside there tutu instructions, USB cable for charging and syncing, and the key to adjust the strap. But more about that later. The photo next to Loop bracelet you can see the heart rate monitor Polar H7. But today I will not test the tracker with the original accessories and gadget Wahoo. To leave no doubt that the bracelet can work with any Pulse Monitors with Bluetooth, well, even more so with the firm.

Bracelet itself looks quite stylish. Black plastic, shiny metal inserts, this accessory will look good on his arm and a businessman, and a wrist athlete. Alas, there is no other color straps, and replace them in principle impossible. Therefore, if you do not like the black color, the bracelet you will not like. However, this is a classic, so there is nothing strange in this selection no.

By the way, on the strap. The thing is that the original concept of Polar. If Jawbone sells bracelets of different sizes, Sony in Smartband allows easy change size as a conventional belt, there is more interesting. Originally strap fitness tracker big and you have to cut yourself and make it the size of your hand. To do this, complete the key and goes to remove the buckle, and then cut off the plastic and attach the clasp back. Of course, it's not very convenient, but there are also pluses. You can perfectly adjust the bracelet on his hand, unlike its competitors, where we have to choose from the standard sizes. Clasp itself, of course, already obsolete, but what can you do.

On the inside of the bracelet has an unusual connector that performs two functions. One - obvious - a connection of the charger for charging the bracelet and data synchronization. But the second - less obvious. At first I did not know about it and in the end did not understand why the bracelet does not work periodically. The fact is that if the strap is not worn on the arm, the button information output will not work. This is an interesting solution, but is not immediately clear that without body contact with this connector to use the screen will not succeed. So, if you adjust the strap, do not forget that much hang freely on the hand tracker should not.

Charging bracelet for 30-60 minutes, but the work can be a week. However, some indicators are now all modern fitness trackers.

Generally I'm not a supporter of proprietary connectors, especially in accessories. For example, I really do not like the connector 2, 5 mm in Jawbone UP24, because need not lose the adapter. This plan is very well done in the FuelBand, because there is built into the USB bracelet. In Polar is a connector can be explained by one important quality - water resistant bracelet. Yes, Loop is tight and you can dive with it.

By the way, today I personally know of only one bracelet that can be submerged under water and in which the connector microUSB - this Sony SmartBand. Although I still have many doubts about his integrity, yet in this tracker connector rubberized and perhaps with it is really possible to dive. Well, back to the Loop.

On the front panel from the bracelet has only a few rows of LEDs and touch button. Displays information here, as I said, very similar to the Nike Fuelband. This 5 rows of LEDs in which the characters are displayed. There are 4 modes: time, calories, active steps and. As shown activity bar that fills up as to how often you load yourself up for the day. And there is one very interesting feature. Bracelet will show you what to do to reach the daily low. For example, today, to reach the minimum I need to work out or 1:00 in the active pace or walk for 2 hours, or 7:00 in the hold is not very active. This is a very handy thing, once you understand, it is worth the evening walking home from the subway, you can go for a run or on the bus.

This is the small screen is displayed, no matter whether the synchronization is not whether the airplane and it also highlighted the low battery notification battarei. Well, in this kind of bracelet finished, look at the heart rate monitor.

Heart Rate Monitor Wahoo h4>

The main module of a heart rate monitor - this here is a little "bar" in black. Strap connected to it, which you yourself and shingles. In contrast to all the newfangled gadgets that define the pulse on how the blood wanders into your finger or wrist (optical method), this puslsometr much more accurate. In strap sewn two conductive elements that are read and the data on your heartbeat.

The only negative - is that these items before going to lubricate special conductive gel. If you are ever in a hospital or clinic did an ECG, you know what this gel. However, if you play sports professionally, then you already familiar with such Pulse Monitors.

Powered gadget from ordinary watch battery CR2032. By the way, from the same tracker powered Misfit Shine. So, charge your heart rate often you do not have, and that's going to change the battery often. In theory it should last for a year. For two weeks, I tested the bracelet and kadiodatchik, the battery is not the village, so that everything is in order. Connects to the tracker heart rate monitor is very simple. Tray, push the button and you're done. Now on the bracelet, you can see the details of his pulse. In addition, it will be written in what mode you're doing - burn fat or just fitness.

The sensor is also waterproof, so if it's important to measure heart rate in water, you can safely dive.

Website and software h4> To adjust the bracelet, it will have to connect to a computer. And to begin with - download a special program and register online. Then you will be able to synchronize data with your smartphone. So, we go to site , create an account, connect bracelet and you're done. The process takes about 3-5 minutes and no complications arise. This will take you to a page where you can see all classes of people. Alas, no social component, I have not found here. That is, add friends from Facebook will not work. All those who are on the map, I do not know.

On this tab, you can see how others are doing, where they run itp Quite interestingly, by the way. There is even a video that shows the last workout and how it happens on the map. On the other tabs, you can find information about their activity. For example, a calendar that shows data about your daily Training.

On the site you can see detailed statistics of your training, how you slept, ran, walked, generally, in general, all-all-all. What was your heart rate and at what point in time, if you have developed a daily rate, in general, all that is needed to analyze its activity. As you can see, this week I was quite passive and not particularly engaged. And here is the data for the previous week, alas, lost forever. I wanted to check out how you can reconnect the bracelet to another account, and in doing so he took it and threw all the statistics. By the way, remove it very quickly, I have not even had time to recover.

To these data have appeared on the site, you need to sometimes bracelet or connect to a computer and a special application will do everything that you need, or to your phone via Bluetooth. PC application is pretty primitive. It can only update the software on the bracelet and synchronize data, there is still a bit of settings.

But I still prefer the mobile applications. Firstly, there is a wireless synchronization, and secondly, any data always with him. Fortunately, the Polar Loop is able to work with the app on iPhone and Android. You need to download the app Polar Flow, then log in and vkyuchit Bluetooth. Everything is ready, you can synchronize the data.

Here, too, you can see all the data, to see how you were doing when, like sleeping, what was the pulse, whether you achieved the goal, in general, everything is the same as on the website.

The app looks modern, all necessary functions there is. Of course, this is not the Jawbone, which can be added to the food, and ate kotoruyuvy look for friends. Here, everything is easier and perhaps less clearly. However, statistical analysis of your physical activity these data clearly enough.

Of interesting pieces - weekly and monthly charts, which can be seen when you Filoni, and when diligently practiced sports. And also an opportunity to celebrate, good or bad you felt The self during training. Then, based on these data will be to determine which load is best not to take, and in what you are doing well and improve health.

Pros and Cons h4>

Detailed statistics

Waterproof case

Adjustable strap

Working with Pulse Monitors

Displays information on the LEDs

No regime "swimming»

Outdated design strap

There is no social component

Conclusion h4> As for the price, it's worth it no more expensive competitors bracelet. If we consider that now it is almost the only interesting fitness tracker, which can connect the heart rate monitor, the overpayment certainly does not seem a big problem. Buy Polar Loop possible for 6390 rubles. Heart rate monitor Polar H7 for 5000 rubles, Scosche Rhythm for 4000 rubles, well tested in the review Wahoo Fitness - for 4250 rubles. In general, use of, as I said, can any heart rate monitor that can transmit data over Bluetooth, they work all the same. And of course, the heart rate monitor is hardly necessary to those who rarely engaged in fitness. But for the athletes to follow the load, it is an irreplaceable piece.

I was pleased with the bracelet and heart rate monitor. In many ways, probably because I like the screen and the presence of at least some information output in the bracelet. This is the reason why I do not like Jawbone UP24, Misfit Shine and other bracelets, which necessarily carry a cell phone. Morning for a jog with me he is absolutely not necessary, but to find out how much I ran - you want. Have Polar and cons, of course, where do without them. I did not like the strap, some he old gadget for the modern, well, then, that there is no gadget Cruising, despite the fact that the bracelet is waterproof, too bad. But all in all - a great device, and, perhaps, the most professional of such narrow-minded art. Therefore, if you are serious exercise, it is best to look at it is to this tracker.

Source: habrahabr.ru/company/medgadgets/blog/225005/

Tags

See also

New and interesting