Son with daughter-in-law scored loans, have to feed, so as not to disappear

The problems of fathers and children have been known for a long time. What young people take for granted is often new to older people. For example, any, even a small loan taken from a bank, people of the older generation are regarded as the most real. credit-dependence.

We do not decide who is right and who is not. This is different. It seems to us that if a person really needs to borrow, let the beret. But he will have to give it out of his pocket. Just counting on your parents is another conversation.

My son is now an adult, he is 32 years old. He’s a good guy, but he started to live, in my opinion, late: at 28. Yes, on the one hand, my father and I did not let go, and on the other hand, he never had enough money to rent a house. You would either have to sacrifice at least minimal comfort, or spend all the time at work. Then why do we need this place?

His grandmother, my mother, left us four years ago. Here's her apartment Misha got. He himself spent on repairs, investing personal deferred funds, and began to slowly settle down. As usual, a young man with an apartment soon had a passion. I haven’t followed his personal life in the past, but I can’t remember anything serious.

The girl is nothing, good, Julia's name. My son is 4 years younger. She, too, was not too spoiled in childhood: she was raised only by her stepfather, who was hunting for a bottle. You know what the weather was like in the house: constant scandals, tantrums and not a penny of money. But I had no complaints about her at that time - I was happy for my son and was finally waiting for grandchildren.

The first year was great. Young people lived, rubbed with characters and even built a career. I knew they missed the stars from the sky, but at least it's nice that they've become useful members of society. Then there was a little money, and young people began to relax a little: bought fashionable clothes, expensive smartphones.

It’s easy to get used to the good life, so where you could just choose something cheaper or give up altogether, my son and daughter-in-law started taking out loans. Thank God, not in a bank, but in a bank. But credit is credit. You take other people’s money for a while, and you give yours forever.

One day I went to visit them, to talk about this, at the same time to see how my dear ones live. The first impression was positive, but a little strange. The apartment is beautifully furnished, the repair (for the second time) is made with taste. Full of modern technology, and on the laminate rides cheerfully robot vacuum cleaner. But I also saw a bunch of unopened boxes of things on the floor.

The boxes themselves are already covered with dust, so they are not really needed here, but they were bought for other people’s funds, bank funds. Sooner or later you will have to give them away. Well, I was struck by something else. In the fridge, roll the ball. No food at all. Just a couple of sauces and cabbage, which is probably older than me.

On my mute question, my son tried something like that the salary will be here the other day, so for now you need to be a little patient, and Julia still has some cash. It's easier, he says, to order ready-made food than to waste time cooking. This is despite the fact that I personally know about their loans. It's all set up for three years. Minimum. But living in eternal debt suits them.

Naturally, I gave my son some money, bought some groceries. But it's all wrong. I know they don’t have bad habits, they sit at home and watch TV shows in the evening. But they just need to buy things. Possess them, maybe not even use them. How do we wean them off all this? How can we cure this addiction? They're not stupid kids, but they do. I don't understand.

From all that our reader said, we can distinguish that in childhood her daughter-in-law lived very poor. My son lived with his parents for a long time. Perhaps that's why they like material things more than social and career advancement? Talk to them and find out more details. Perhaps the motivation for such a life will emerge. Loans will no longer be required.

Tags

See also

New and interesting