Son and daughter-in-law accused that they had to take out a loan for an apartment because of me

Living with adult children - not a good idea. But often circumstances develop in such a way that otherwise simply does not work. And then you need to prepare for the fact that in the relationship of close people will appear more and more conflicts.

Today's edition. "Site" will share the story of a subscriber who completely broke down relations with her son and daughter-in-law. Until recently, they all lived under the same roof and found a common language. So why are there problems?

I have grandchildren, but they don’t let me babysit them. Of course, I see them at family holidays, but it happens so rarely that it doesn't even count. And all because of the discord with my daughter-in-law, who constantly finds an excuse not to leave my children. My son always listens to her. After all, his wife is an actress, she can cry if she needs something, says Ksenia Andreevna.

“It all started when my son married and brought his chosen one to our two-bedroom apartment. I wasn't happy about it, but I didn't mind either. They moved into a smaller room (10 meters) and I stayed in my room (17 meters). Everything was fine at first.”

“And then the daughter-in-law got pregnant and there was talk that they needed more space. They wanted to move into my room. But I was against it. Why should I give in, especially since their room has always been a nursery? I am not throwing you out, but live in your health.”

“But with each such conversation, emotions were heated. The last time we had a big fight, it was the last straw. After 2 days, the son found a rented apartment, and they moved. And I became the enemy of the people number one, as if I had kicked them out into the street.

“For some reason the young did not go to matchmakers. They probably didn't call them. Although the parents of the daughter-in-law live in a spacious three-room apartment, and there would clearly be more space. But so be it. I was worried at first, and then I thought it was even for the best. They are already adults, building a young family, so let them learn to be independent.”

“The son and daughter-in-law eventually took the apartment on credit and now complain that they have to pay all the money for housing. Now I have two grandchildren, a year and a half difference. But even if they come to visit, they do not come for long.”

I recently had an anniversary and had a good time. And then they were going home, and the daughter-in-law said to the children, ‘Guys, we’re going home. There's not much room here, Grandma's gonna be cramped, so let's get dressed. With a hint of our last fight. So many years have passed, and she bears resentment, does not forget.”

“But her parents are saints. They are for grandchildren “grandmother” and “grandfather”, they can even take children for a week. And I can't, I'm just "Baba Xenia." And I buy gifts for my grandchildren, and I pass the money through my son, and everything is useless.

I tried talking to my daughter-in-law's parents, but they're against me, too. They also gloat. And the son is not the character to insist on his own, the elderly woman complains.

It's a bad situation. But if you look from the other side, the quarrels helped the young family to get their own housing, which can not but rejoice. And it's not easy for them to repay the same loan, but is it worse than being cramped on those 10 or 17 square meters with Grandma? Especially with two young children...

Tags

See also

New and interesting