It is easier for a master to give money than to force a husband to do something in the house.

What are the masculine responsibilities of a spouse when marrying and why is it necessary to help the wife with household chores? Let's talk about that today!

Will you explain in the comments how household chores are distributed in your family and what is considered exclusively male work? For example, the heroine of our current story Alla believes that men’s duties include minor repairs and repairs of household appliances. And you?

We have been married with our husband for over 5 years. We recently decided we were ready for kids. We plan to have our first child in a year. However, the other day I began to doubt the decision, as I noticed that my husband and I differ in many ways.

Take, for example, the same household responsibilities. As a woman, I do almost all the housework. And frankly, I think that's the right thing to do. Although sometimes it is quite difficult to cope with such a load. I want my husband to understand this and at least occasionally offered his help.

However, the fact that my husband flatly refuses to wash dishes or floors, I have long been reconciled. But there are moments that a man must deal with. The same minor repair or repair of equipment. My husband also avoids these duties. And he knows how to do all this and gladly helps to deal with such cases to his parents. And in our house, he won't touch a broken socket.

When I ask him why this is happening, he says that he is obliged to help his parents, and in his house he does not want to work, but wants to rest. Like, let us all fix the employees, and he will gladly pay for their work.

Honestly, I don't understand that attitude. Why spend money on something you can do yourself? I don't hire a housekeeper, I clean up and cook myself. So why can't he step over his "don't want" and do the man's homework? Moreover, when there is a child, the money will not be superfluous. So it would be stupid for them to spread like this to the right and left.

After the last argument on this subject, I stopped pestering my husband and gave money to the masters. But I still believe that this should not be the case. I don’t know how to prove my husband right.

Do you think it’s necessary to handle household chores on your own when you can hire other people? What would you advise our narrator? Feel free to share your thoughts on this in the comments!

Tags

See also

New and interesting