What made the husband wall up the entrance to the house of his mother-in-law

Neighboring neighbors are still half the trouble, because from their persistent attention you can safely hide at home, pretending that there is no one. But it is more difficult to hide from annoying relatives. If they call and ask when they can come, they will have to name a date. You don’t want to offend them at all, but you still need to set personal boundaries. What about those whose relatives and neighbors are the same? What should you do if your neighbors shamelessly enter your life, deliberately violating all personal boundaries? Let’s see how the heroes of our history tried to cope with this situation!

Immediately after the wedding, Sasha and I settled in the house of his parents. The house is large enough that two families can easily fit there without disturbing each other with their presence. My husband’s parents assured me that they would not interfere in our affairs. And I truly believed that this would happen.

As for the father-in-law, he fulfilled this promise with a pure soul. I didn’t see him more than three times a week. This is because they lived in the same house! But the mother-in-law, it seems, was near the whole day...

This situation did not suit Sasha and me. No matter how much we talked to his mother, she didn't understand why she had to let us live her life. We live in her house, so she has a voice.

After this announcement, we decided to look for another home. However, the father-in-law offered an alternative solution. Like, you can just buy a part of the house and fence off from your parents. According to estimates, it was much more profitable than buying your own home. So we agreed. For a long time we wanted to renovate our house. And now this opportunity has finally come.

However, even after the official registration of all the papers, the mother-in-law did not leave us alone for long. Even though my husband walled the doors between our living rooms, his mother was not too lazy to beat the doorsteps of the front entrance to our half every day.

I don't know what to do anymore. I'm so tired of all the fights and scandals! How do you keep your mother-in-law safe? After all, I do not want to offend, but there is no strength to tolerate such an attitude anymore.

What would you advise our heroes? Do you think it was worth accepting the offer of the father-in-law, or it was possible to predict such a development at the very beginning and still need to find another housing? Don’t hesitate to share your thoughts on this in the comments!

Tags

See also

New and interesting