My husband goes to my mother every day, spends all weekends with her, I hardly see my husband at home, I will soon forget what he looks like.

“My mother-in-law has been living alone for 15 years. Since my husband and I moved in, Alla Ivanovna calls Seryozh and asks him to come to her after work. Lack of attention to his person Alla Ivanovna compensates by the fact that he constantly asks Seryozh something to help her in everyday life, and at this time I miss home, says Natasha.

The girl has repeatedly noticed that her husband goes to her mother-in-law too often, but she partly blames herself for this. Natasha believes that she and her husband should have moved to an apartment on the other side of the city, so as not to visit her mother-in-law so often.

When we were preparing for the wedding, my husband and I discussed the question of where we would live. He first offered to live in his mother-in-law's house. After the divorce with her husband, her mother-in-law lived with her son in a two-storey house. But I heard stories from friends and decided that it is better to live separately from my husband’s mother, so that there are no conflicts.

Anyway, Alla Ivanovna on her territory would constantly tell me what to do in her house. I wanted to be the hostess of the house, not an uninvited guest. And although Alla Ivanovna was surprised that I rejected her offer, we still moved to a rented apartment.

From time to time we visited our mother-in-law together: parents should not be forgotten. I didn't mind helping her talk. In general, we have a very friendly relationship at a distance. The problem is that the apartment we live in is a 10-minute walk from my mother-in-law’s house. So every night after work, Seryozh comes to her for tea, drive a carnation, fix the washing machine.

Cunning mother-in-law and I would understand if my mother-in-law couldn't handle it. But sometimes it gets to the absurd. Then she asks to change the light bulb, then move the sofa, because she is blowing out of the window. This went on for two months, and then I decided to ask my husband to do something around the house. So he'll be busy and he won't be able to get out to his mom every day. Due to the fact that Seryozha is constantly with her mother, I have the impression that we are not spouses, but cohabitants. In fact, it turns out that he just comes, sometimes does not even eat dinner and goes to bed. And when we split the responsibilities, he realized that it was not easy for me to combine work and chores.

My mother-in-law is not offended, he still goes to her 3 times a week. But yesterday she called and said that she was very ill to come to her. Only I know that's not true. A couple of days ago I saw her in the mall, she was cheerful and chatting with a friend. Until now, Seryozha goes from work first to his mother, then comes home. It turns out that I don’t mean anything to him, just live with him as a servant. Seryozha thinks I'm wrong and selfish. Is that true?

My mother-in-law is single and wants attention. She is afraid that her son will stop visiting her. This often happens when children grow up and start a family. But Sergey will not be able to build a family if he devotes all his free time to his mother. And if his wife continues to entrust him with household chores, the man will make a choice in favor of his mother. She will always feed him, regret and understand and will not say that she is tired at work. If Natasha wants to keep the family together, she must consider her mother-in-law, but also be sure to tell her husband what is bothering her. How would you get out of this situation?

Tags

See also

New and interesting