The mother-in-law frightenedly asked her husband where the money was, but he said he would not give another penny.

“My mother-in-law at home always makes a comment about repairs. He says the apartment is in bad condition. I once told her that since she didn't like the state of the apartment, she could buy us new furniture. But the mother-in-law began to refuse, she is lonely, she herself needs help, says Lena. Recently, Alla Viktorovna came to her daughter-in-law with disappointing news. Her mother-in-law lost her job, and now she asks her son for financial help.

When Alla Viktorovna came to us, her husband immediately agreed to help her. I didn't argue because it's a sacred matter, the more he earns than I do. Since then, a third of his salary, the husband saved for his mother for groceries and utility bills. Everything would be fine, but the mother-in-law, who had lived alone for 15 years, had a lover.

She met a divorced Ivan Petrovich, who has his own adult children. Ivan Petrovich very quickly moved to his mother-in-law to live in an apartment. Since he had previously rented housing, Alla Viktorovna kindly offered them to move in to be close to him and not to waste money in vain. I don’t know how it really is, but this Ivan Petrovich said that he left the house to his ex-wife, so he moved to a rented apartment. Maybe it's true.

Since the lovers moved in, the mother-in-law became less and less willing to take care of her granddaughter. And I went to work and needed support, and last month my daughter got a cold, and I had to sit with her for a couple of days while my husband and I were at work. The first two days my mother-in-law came as agreed. And she was late for the third. I didn’t have time to go to work, I started calling my mother-in-law on my mobile, but she didn’t answer.

When I called, Ivan Petrovich picked up the phone, who told me that Alla Viktorovna owed us nothing, and hung up. I had to take time off from work, I can't tell you how angry I was. The next day, I asked my neighbor to look after my daughter for a small fee. She agreed.

At the beginning of the month, Lyudmila Viktorovna called her son and asked why he did not transfer money to her card, as he did every month. She and her partner were counting on these funds. Her husband told her that we owe them nothing. If she does not have time for her own children, she should rely on her chosen one. I believe that my husband did the right thing, we do not communicate with my mother-in-law now.”

Parents need help when they need it. Especially when older parents retire, they not only lose income but also feel lonely. Lyudmila Petrovna is very lucky that she will spend her old age with her beloved man. But, on the other hand, she got out on her son’s neck and thought that he would financially support her with an unknown man anyway. In addition, this lover did not try to get close to the family and, apparently, lived at the expense of the son of Lyudmila Petrovna. If Lyudmila Petrovna understands her mistake, she will ask forgiveness from her son, and then, perhaps, their relationship will improve. What would you do in your son's place?

Tags

See also

New and interesting