I always got up at 5 a.m. to have a freshly prepared breakfast at 7, but I was tired.

“You can’t say bad things about your beloved husband, but I’m already exhausted. We lived together for 6 years, and during this time I realized that I do not want to live like this, says Lyudmila. The woman was happy when she got married. Everyone around her only confirmed with their admiring views that her husband was the best. But wealth and appearance are not everything. We know people when we start living under the same roof.

My husband said, Before we got married, we dated for a year. It was like a fairy tale. We walked a lot, went to cafes, Vitya was always in a good mood, showered me with compliments. A year later, he proposed to me, and I agreed. Marrying a wealthy man who is 5 years older than me, I knew he would take care of me. But I never thought I would have to get up every morning at 5am to make my husband breakfast.

Victor likes it when the house is perfect, if something is not cleaned, he makes a remark to me. We live in a two-story house, and I'm the only one who has to clean it. Vitya doesn’t want us to be cleaned by strangers, although he can afford to clean every week. He thinks I should take care of the house. Besides, every morning he is used to eating freshly prepared food, he eats breakfast at 7am, and I have to get up at 5am to cook everything.

Victor and I have a good relationship, he always gives me compliments, praises my cooking. But I also go to work and come home by 19:00. I barely have time to prepare for my husband's arrival. I make money myself, but my husband is much better off than me. He gave me a car for my birthday, constantly gives jewelry and spares no money for beauty salons.

I don't have time to rest. Sometimes I feel like I’m working around the clock. I recently decided to talk to my husband about it. I told him it was hard for me to work and keep a big house clean. But when asked to hire a man several times a month, Vitya sharply replied to me that if I do not cope with my duties, he will easily find one that will cope.

It hurts me that my husband considers me a servant. I'm young, I don't want to be a housekeeper. Once Vitya offered me to quit my job and take care of the house, then, as now, I am not ready to live on someone else’s schedule. I’m seriously considering getting a divorce now. But I'm very scared, I've never lived alone and I don't know if I can handle it.

Victor knows the value of money from the editorial board. In many families, the husband provides for the wife, and she agrees to sit with the children and stand around the clock at the stove, not seeing the light of white. Just to feel protected. It can be said that the husband takes advantage of his position. And Lyudmila is used to expensive gifts. Most likely, she is afraid not only of an independent life, but also of the deprivations that the divorce process will entail. If money were removed from this equation, any decent woman with whom they behaved in a rude manner would leave such a husband. When a woman makes a living, she's hard to manipulate, isn't she?

Tags

See also

New and interesting