Apple pie according to French recipe

I really like the word "Clafuti." I remember arguing with my wife, where to put the emphasis – clafooti or clafooti? Of course, it is right to put on the last vowel. So, how was it? The wife is late and the guests are on their way. Urgently, he says, prepare the clafouti or whatever? Flonyard! And the oven. As long as the point is right, it will come. It turns out that quickcake.

Editorial "Site" First, he will explain what clafuti means. In fact, this is a dessert that came straight from French Limoges. It looks like a cake and a casserole at the same time. Egg dough is made as for pancakes, and fruits are poured with it. We have almost the same, only sweet apples act as fruits. That's why it's not clafouti anymore.

My wife knew what to charge me with. I'm more into meat and soup, and she's into baking. But the calculation was correct. The kitchen is a little familiar, there are few ingredients, and everything is absolutely clear. In general, we have to try to make sure that nothing happens. I found out later: clafouti It should be with cherries or cherries, everything else is floriard. You can break your tongue!

The ingredients
  • 300 ml of milk
  • 200g wheat flour
  • 100g sugar
  • 2 big apples
  • 2 chicken eggs
  • cinnamon

Fast cake with Clafooty apples in French, it seems, means "filled". That's right. Both flornards and clafuti are prepared on the same principle - in a special form lay out the filling and add dough. Then in the same form they are served on the table. As you can imagine, the only difference is the name. And now the cooking.

1. Make the dough first. It's easy. First mix the flour, sugar and vanilla together, then put the eggs in there and stir to a homogeneous state. Now pour the milk (by the way, you can use low-fat cream) and mix. The dough is done.
  2. Choose a nicer vessel. Ceramics, glass, enameled dishes - everything will do. Lubricate it with oil and lay out apples, which must be cut in small slices. Sprinkle them with cinnamon and, if desired, sugar. Fill everything with a ready-made dough.

3. Put the future cake in the oven! The operating temperature is 190-200 degrees Celsius, but make sure the temperature is adequate. We don't know your oven's capabilities. The apple cake should be in the oven for about 45 minutes. Done!

It is believed that well-cooked clafouti is more like cream. Let this guide you. What else? During baking, the cake can rise, and then, when it begins to cool, it will settle. It's normal. It should be served on the table warm, with tea or coffee. Unless, of course, you drink coffee at night.

Fast apple pie It's not hard to cook! Write in the comments as you do, it will be useful to know about it. Here is a nice link on how to make apple pancakes from three simple ingredients. Bon appetit and thank you for staying with us!

Tags

See also

New and interesting