Why not sell your home to help your son build a home

Building your own home is an exciting and relevant topic at any age. Since childhood, we imagine how to build the house of our dreams somewhere in a rocky area near the sea. Oh, dreams! But someone does.

But not everyone can save the right amount of money and realize the dream as quickly as he wants. It usually takes years. And if you have a family before the house is built, things get complicated. And there is no need for support. This is one of our favorite readers.

My son got married 10 years ago. He and his wife and daughter live in a small one-room apartment in a hostel. And 7 years ago, Seryozha bought a plot and began construction of a private house.
This land has waited a year. A year later, they put up a fence and poured the foundation. And then again the break in construction - there is no money. And so my son kept saving money for building materials, and he kept going. Over the years, Seryozh managed to build the first floor of the house. Only the family doesn't want a small house, they want to build a three-story house that will fit everyone, including me.

The first floor of the house was built due to the fact that his wife persuaded Sergei to exchange a two-room apartment for a room in the hostel, and invest the difference in construction. So they did, and now they're in a tight spot.

When my son and his family come to visit me, all the talk comes down to building a house. They describe in detail what will be arranged in their own house, what wiring will be, how they will insulate the house. No one is interested in my health, I do not insist, I listen to everything about construction.

I always had a hunch that my son and daughter-in-law wanted to sell my two-bedroom apartment to finish the house. One day my son made a reservation that we (including myself) would all live together in a big house under one roof. Then I voiced their thoughts, saying: “So should I sell my apartment now?” – they reassured nodded joyfully and began to say how we would all be fun and comfortable together.”

Here I look at my daughter-in-law and understand that I definitely do not want to live with this woman under the same roof. She can't stand me, and I can't stand pretending. On the other hand, I really want to help my son arrange his personal life. I'm sorry for his efforts, at this rate he'll be building a house for another ten years.

And then I asked the obvious question, "Where am I supposed to live?" It is not for the children to move to the hostel, and you will not go to the unfinished house. Masha, my daughter-in-law, and to this the answer was found: "So you, Olga Petrovna, very well in the country will be."

Yes, we have a cottage, only this is an old house without heating, where you can visit only in the summer. When it's warm, it's good to stay for a few days. And in winter, I can't imagine it. Chop wood and stove, and wash how, and cook?! I do not want to run to the toilet outside in the cold, and I already have health problems. An old organism can't handle that.
“But they live in villages,” she tells me. Yes, they do, but why not live? Work, school, whatever. The money for construction is urgent.

I have been visiting my neighbor Alexander Semenovich for a long time. He's lonely, like me. So I go to him, sometimes I bring some cakes to cheer him up, talk about life. I recently overheard my daughter-in-law talking about it. She told her mother on the phone that it would be nice to move me to a neighbor and sell the apartment.

What was she supposed to do? I knew we wouldn't be living in a new house together, but to do that. Still, I'm thinking about my son, can I help him? Only on the street itself at the broken trough do not want to stay in old age.”

Tags

See also

New and interesting