What to say to a boyfriend who treats sweets, and then demands them back

If you were to survey the female half of the population about whom they would never connect their lives with, perhaps one of the most popular answers would be “greedy man”. And the point here is not in the mercantileness of modern women, about which representatives of the stronger sex are so fond of talking. After all, this definition implies not so much exceptional male frugality in relation to their money, but pettiness, which sometimes manifests itself in the most unexpected everyday situations.

A vivid example of this situation is an episode from the life of our narrator, which we will share with you today. Of course, everyone knows that one cannot condemn the actions of others even mentally, but in this case it will be very difficult to refrain from this. So many people, so many opinions. Will you share your opinion on this story in the comments?

My mother has been divorced from my father for 6 years. And although they did not manage to find out their marital happiness for 15 years together, at least they separated quietly and peacefully and even managed to remain close friends. It so happened that in all these 6 years, the mother did not have time to meet someone. “Finding a new relationship after forty is too energy-intensive and thankless,” she said.

Recently, a new employee appeared at his father's job. Although slightly bald, but still quite prominent man named Vitalik. Since the father on the personal front everything was settled a long time ago, and we both worried about my mother, we decided to introduce her to this very Vitalik. His father didn’t know much about him, but on the whole, he found the character very nice.

They decided to spend the acquaintance in a relaxed atmosphere, so they invited their father’s colleague to our mother’s house. And despite the fact that Vitalik was late for a good half an hour, his mother welcomed him and invited him to the table. The potential gentleman was unusually gallant and even presented his mother with a present in the form of a bar of bitter chocolate.

And although in the first minutes of acquaintance everything turned out more or less successfully, during the dinner it became clear that we should no longer try on the roles of matchmakers. While Dad was still at the table, the conversation was somewhat glued, but as soon as he left, the atmosphere of the house was filled with heaviness and awkwardness. Alone with Vitalik, her mother did not feel very comfortable, and the mistress-cavalier began to behave in a boorish manner, letting go of inappropriate jokes in her address.

In the end, it became clear to everyone sitting at the table that Vitalik and her mother were seeing each other not only for the first time, but also for the last time. Vitalik, although not brilliant intellect, somehow bothered to understand that it was time for him. But perhaps his departure is due to the fact that only the remains of the dessert prepared by his mother and his chocolate, which he, incidentally, decided to take back, were left on the table.

“I think this is our last meeting, so I think I’ll give the chocolate to someone else, more promising,” Vitalik said and proudly left our house, leaving me and my mother in a state of complete shock.

Tags

See also

New and interesting