Why You Should Forgive Your Relatives Easily

It's a family thing. Sometimes a mother can yell at her daughter. Sometimes. sister swears with my brother. But at the end of the day, family members reconcile. Most of the time. It all depends on the education and severity of the problem.

Our reader shared her story, which is actually more common in families than we would like. Not to say that the situation is trivial, but we are sure that good advice and support in the comments clearly will not be superfluous. That's why we invite you to familiarize yourself.

My sister says hello, friends. My name is Julia and I would like to tell you what happened to me on the family front. First of all, I think I need to clarify that my husband and I are doing very well. We are both 35 years old, have a daughter, 3 years old.

I met Yarik 9 years ago and it was the right thing to do in my life. The fact is that at that time I did not have the most adequate relationship, but Yaroslav fell in love with himself in just a few minutes.

Soon after we met, we started living together. What struck me about him was this man immediately. trust me fullyBut he was pretty tight with other people. Little by little, we started a small business in which even I found a place. I finally felt I could make a difference in my life.

We're doing pretty well now. Because we don't have an office, and we mail things to people, even now, in a pandemic, we can make money. I don't want to brag, but we bought a three-bedroom apartment in the city center and a couple of new foreign cars. And the little things, of course...

So here's the story. About 4 years ago, my mother asked me to lend her $2,000. It turned out that my sister was sick and urgently needed money. She recently divorced her husband and now lived with her mother. She had no children, so everyone was waiting for her to get back on her feet, and there's this. I'm not without talking to my husband. gave. But I couldn’t come to my parents’ house: there were many orders.

Little by little, my sister recovered and everything was fine. Since she was still working hard, my mother gave me a little money every month from retirement. You know, the amount was symbolic. I knew it was more of a gesture of gratitude.

And a few years have passed. Mom left us. It was very painful, but we managed. The sister had already improved her financial situation, found a new man and moved in with him. I was very happy for her. After talking with her husband, armed with flowers and a small gift, I decided to invite her to a newly opened restaurant.

Vika did not mind, agreed immediately. On arrival, we exchanged gifts (family tradition), made an order and began a conversation. About half an hour later, I started a conversation because of which, in fact, I decided to do this with a meeting. I asked. duty. To which my sister only rounded her eyes and replied in surprise that there was no debt. That my mom took my money, not her. And that's why Vika doesn't owe me anything.

After that, she left, but did not forget to take my gift bouquet of flowers with her (I also paid the bill). I was shocked. We talked to my husband again about that money, but now he's calming me down. He said that deep down, he said goodbye to them long ago and now it is not a cause for frustration. But until the last time I was sure that payback!

Now, of course, we're not communicating. It turned out that her medication actually cost a little less than the amount my mother asked me for. The money was needed without medication. But I would give them away for a cause like this. Why couldn’t I have told you this before?

I'm sitting there thinking about what to do. On the one hand, the sister acted ugly: she transferred the arrows to the departed native person. On the other hand, her medications really aren't that expensive. $1,300, to be exact. It's nothing, though. Maybe I should go talk to her again, bond? My sister, my dear.

We have consulted the editorial board. "Site"They never came to a consensus. Someone advised you to cut your sister out of life until she apologizes and goes about her business. And some, on the contrary, wished their relatives to reunite, forgetting about money or simply agreeing in a sisterly way. Which point of view is more suitable for you, dear reader Julia!

Tags

See also

New and interesting