The wife of the sister is proud, he will be embarrassed that a woman earns more than him.

For Olga there was no unloved relative. Before Sergei came. The wife of her sister, with her words and actions, did everything to turn away all her relatives. The absolute irresponsibility, inconsistency and negative attitude of the young man immediately betrayed him. But this did not affect the feelings of young Svetlana, Olga’s younger sister. And now the whole family has to deal with this man.

Olga and her husband saw Sergei as a typical young loser who somehow believes that he does not have to do anything, but everyone owes him something. Having married 18-year-old Svetlana, he from the first day began to convince her that her family should help them. By “help” was meant a monthly payment from parents or from Olga, as an older sister. This is the only way their young family can stay afloat.

At first, the parents really helped Svetlana. After all, their daughter still studied at the institute and she did not have much time for work. However, Svetlana did not have time to work after graduation. There's a baby in the family. One more year later.

All this time, the family of Svetlana and Sergey lived at the expense of the latter’s part-time jobs and the help of their parents. Sometimes Olga helped in small things, but very quickly stopped it, as it quickly became obvious to her that Svetlana herself believes that everyone around her should. She has 2 children and it is difficult. And the fact that her husband could not get a stable, well-paid job, as if she did not notice.

Another year passed and even her parents refused to help the young family. Sergei’s father-in-law once couldn’t stand it and said that the sister’s husband himself should first of all think about the welfare of his family, and not put it on the shoulders of others. Svetlana, being under the constant influence of her husband, quarreled with her parents and hardly spoke with Olga. Any refusal to lend money or help was perceived as an insult. Olga was long separated from her sister.

But about a week ago, Svetlana called Olga. She picked up the phone and the sisters started talking. Olga asked how things were with Sergei.

- Yes, - sadly stretched Svetlana. - I'm calling. Does your husband have a job at the firm for my Seryozha?

- I don’t know, but I will definitely ask, Olga replied.

On the same evening, she asked her husband about vacancies, and he remembered that they just lack a courier. This is exactly what Sergey can do. But for Svetlana, there could be a higher-paying position. The next day, Olga called her sister and told her about the courier vacancy.

Peels - Oh, no. It's definitely not for Seryozha. He'd have a job with a good salary.

- Why don't you go to work yourself? asked Olga. - You have an education, the children already go to kindergarten. You'll be the breadwinner, so to speak.

- Is that how you ruin your marriage? No, I don't want that. Seryozha is proud. He'll be embarrassed that a woman earns more than he does.

- Well, then I can't help you. Let either Seryozha get smarter, or you should reconsider your priorities, Olga did not restrain herself.

- Thank you. Bye.

It was an unpleasant conversation, but Olga did not know how to behave otherwise. What was happening to her younger sister’s life seemed to her to be a chaos that only children could create. After all, Sergey was basically a child who wanted all the candy to give him. And Svetlana adapted and became like him.

Hopefully, over time, someone will make them smarter, and then the family will be able to communicate as before.

Is it possible to regard the attitude of relatives of Svetlana as biased towards Sergei? Did Svetlana’s parents do the right thing by cutting financial aid? Is it possible to change the situation in Svetlana’s family?

Tags

See also

New and interesting