How many household chores can you take on a grandmother who came to babysit a grandson?

How often children who are mired in their own cares and affairs forget to express gratitude to the mother for her constant help and support. We hope that today’s story will help our readers to understand how important it is to value their parents and can remind adult children of the sense of gratitude.

All the friends said that this was a stupid idea and you can not help adult children so much. Nevertheless, I felt the need. And when my daughter asked me to stay with them for a week to look after my grandson while she was taking her final exams, I said yes without hesitation.

It turned out that you need to help not only with your grandson, but also with housekeeping. Since the daughter spent all the time studying, and the son-in-law disappeared at work for days, there was no one to do household chores. There was no way I could hire a housekeeper, so I also fell on my shoulders. I thought a week wasn’t that long, so I silently accepted the burden, even though I was terribly tired all these days.

And everything would be fine, but only one week turned into two, and then stretched for a whole month. She passed all the exams and started looking for a job. The need for a babysitter for a two-year-old grandson has not disappeared.

No one asked me to stay longer. But what are these requests for, if I understand everything myself? Feeling the urgent need for my support, I decided to stay with my daughter. And this despite the fact that instead of gratitude from children received only oblique glances and snorts.

Over time, the children started to accuse me of doing everything wrong. No one ever told me to go back to my apartment.

But, by the way, I would be glad to hear it and with a calm soul to return to a comfortable quiet life. But instead of taking care of herself, she continued to suffer unjust attacks.

Despite the fact that I have to deny everything and sacrifice peace of mind, I am happy to be useful to my daughter and son-in-law. Spending so much time with my grandson is a real joy.

I believe that in the end the children will appreciate my efforts and will thank me more than once. Maybe they just need time to realize they’re wrong about me. What kind of mother would I be if I didn’t give them that time?

Tags

See also

New and interesting