The position of the mother-in-law that refuses to sit with the child of the daughter-in-law from the first marriage

“People meet, people fall in love, get married...” – Jolly Guys And the fact that in marriage children are born, then people disperse and find new families, and new mother-in-law from the grandchildren of strangers are removed, no one sings. But they write about it in various blogs, trying to find a clue how to be in this situation.

And indeed, the child from the first husband often becomes a real bone of contention for the new family. And how can a mother protect her baby from the malicious attacks of the new relatives of her second husband? Irina tried to answer this question for a long time. Let's see if she did it.

Two months ago I married a second time, and before that we had already lived together in a civil marriage for two years. From a previous marriage, I have a four-year-old daughter. When we first met Pasha (my second husband), daughter Lisonka was still very small, probably because my beloved was so easy to accept her as his own child.

He did not expect such kindness from his mother. During all this time, Lydia Pavlovna never showed interest in her granddaughter. And on the contrary, she shows with all her being that my Lisa does not exist for her. No lullabies, no birthday presents, not even an affectionate word addressed to her.

I certainly did not expect her to love her with all her heart. And it’s not even that the mother-in-law does not give any gifts. Just leave her to sit with the baby for half an hour in case of urgent need, you will not be questioned. But with his grandchildren from the sister-in-law happily plays and nurses all day long!

Lisonka then reaches for her, toys beloved shares, saying “hold, grandmother, I’m not sorry for anything for you”, and that only nose turns. He said: My son will be my son and I will be with him. Now, fire me, I didn't take care of other people's children."

My daughter started noticing that her grandmother didn’t love her. She asks everything she's done. What do I tell her?

Are children strangers? It’s hard to imagine how you can be so cruel to a small innocent creature.

Husband and mother tried to talk, but only she does not want to listen. Maybe she just needs more time, who knows. I hope she will soon realize how wrong she is now, pushing Lisonka away from herself.

Tags

See also

New and interesting