Farm products — where to buy and how to choose

Undoubtedly, the limitations of the supply of foreign products and switch to domestic will be discussed for a long time. And with our almost limitless human and natural resources, local farming, at first glance, seems way out.

Why "at first glance"? Almost a rhetorical question. Too many uncertainties and questions inherent in this subject. TrustIf you don't know the farmer personally who can guarantee the quality and uniqueness of its products? It may be tempted to pass off as a farm product any other model used in industrial scale.

Mike Homola: "we Must understand that the epithet "farm product", is not supported by any binding standards, is just a metaphor, like "the conscience of the brewer" of beer advertising. Net positioning is much less correlated with quality, but much more with the price. Quality guaranteed, for example, a farmer Klimov Klimov is provided by the personality, not the fact that he is a farmer".

If you have the opportunity, try to go to the farm personally. Moreover, many hosts will do a little tour of his possessions, fishing, walks, workshops and can provide reasonable accommodation for 1-2 nights. And necessarily take with itself children and young and older — let them see where on the home table come from milk, tomatoes and honey, for example. Perhaps after such a journey from picky new favorite food dunno at least a little will be znayka, and sitting on the network will finally see what a real farm is much more interesting than the eponymous game. For you it will be a good opportunity to taste the goods at the place and ask all the questions directly to the manufacturer.

Michael Chistov: "Who wants to watch grown Vietnamese pot-bellied pig, rabbits, and soon greens with tomatoes and cucumbers year-round greenhouse, welcome to visit to our farm. I do it in the Ivanovo region, near Plyos with favorite wives and daughters."

LogisticsAbout the difficulties of logistics in Russia say for a long time. Remember? "In Russia two troubles: roads and fools". Many households are kept away not only from the processing plants, but even from the comfortable ways in which it can be quickly and easily delivered directly to the end user.

Such difficulties arise, for example, in late autumn, small farms, milk and dairy products. It is simply nobody to implement it, because in the summer the sales have been focused on tourists in the villages and country houses. But autumn came, and the milk easier to pour than to spend time and money on transportation. This is a serious problem that stands in the way of development of Russian farming. After all, freshness and naturalness — the most important competitive advantages.

Natalia Chernysheva: "I buy farm products for a long time. For me it is primarily the freshness and good quality. During this time, there was a range of my suppliers. Milk is twenty years taken from his Thani at the Leningrad market. Know that the cheese from their family farm is not palm oil. The best pork comes from a Mustard field. The bird from the farmer Klimov. The company "Honest products" I bought a doctor's sausage, homemade pate and stunning Borodinsky bread".

It is best to establish direct contact with the farmer. And then, after the full-time fun — on the farm or in the city behind the counter, if you are lucky, you can negotiate with the farmer about bonuses: order, for example, a certain cut of meat to a home-cooked feast. Or buy something permanently under the order.

Jan Wagner: "we Karinska there is a shop "Milk and meat". Behind the counter is a wonderful girl with such pilakowski face, and sometimes her husband. They sell poultry and lamb. By a certain day you can call and order, for example, a leg or saddle. Sorry, they are there only in the summer season — in winter they are not. They sell their poultry and lamb, at least so they say. I have a neighbor Petrovna. Nice a woman, fragile sometimes I am getting to the bus stop. Recently parked near the gate, and coming Petrovna, covered in blood and with a knife in his hand. "Yana! — yells. — John, wait!" Stand, do not move. P. to run and says: "Jan, I've cut the ducks, don't you? A small, two kilos and a half".

Market relationsTo work closely with the restaurant or store need a guarantee from the farmer. If it will provide a constant quality of products, all can count on reciprocity. Hence the appeal of urban markets. On the prospects of this mutually beneficial cooperation driven by increasing rental and the negative reputation of some of the outlets did not meet sanitary standards. Moreover, markets often trade is not the farmer he is busy with land and agriculture, and its products are sold to an outsider, a stranger. And here comes in the second Russian problem — the human factor.

To avoid this, hardworking farmers, especially with the small volume of products, looking for buyers in social networks and collect applications products among their friends and acquaintances.

Jan Jaeger: "Approximately 78-m to year my grandfather chose to retire at one large, rather long and therefore remote village. Now my parents are interested to grow all that they have on a hectare will grow. Therefore, the volume of agricultural production we do not fall, but only grow... In may I planted 189 future tomato bushes just because they're in my mother in March all germinate — and that instead of the planned-tion of fifty... But I am totally not able to offer anything for sale right scared of all the possible doubts of the buyer and in any case, I apologize for everyone... Momentum, we are not of those: the father's selection four heads of garlic will not save organic food. A couple of friendly restaurants is also not very convenient one-off sacks of potatoes and other packages accept. Now I have a question: can in advance to collect the application for small money or so, if anyone really want to?"

Farm products on the InternetFrom a business point of view a good — selling products to a wholesaler. It is easy to find, at least on the Internet. But the mediator is always an increase in the cost of the products to the buyer, and the same industrial conveyor.

Victor Martens: "For me, a farm product is a product that is grown not for supply to chain stores person is responsible to his food and the buyer. In Germany organic and organic products have a turnover of about EUR 7 billion and steel industry about 100 organizations are certified — this means that all dead."

It is no secret that most online stores make their virtual shelves with goods from different manufacturers. The big demand is for vegetables, poultry and dairy products, particularly cheese. The owners of these shops to buy food from the farmers, perepanova have them sometimes in a very odious and bright packaging and delivered to customers. The price increases by 25%. The farmers themselves rarely decide to start a virtual sale. Although this is encouraging them and life itself.

Katerina Agronik: "a Real farmer combines an almost dreamlike quality, with business pragmatism. It examines the circulation of their lands, trying not to use fertilizer, and adjusts the movement of plants and animals on their lands, so that all rested, fed, and fertilized as necessary and the most natural way. The ideal farmer combines amazing knowledge and attention to nature and the natural sequence of events on their lands with obtaining maximum benefits, not only in the financial sense."

The website "hand in hand" has created an online platform where urban markets have the opportunity to be represented on the Internet, farmers the possibility of selling their products, and citizens — a large variety of fresh farm products. We therefore wish you strength, vigor and success to all citizens of Russia who work on the ground.

And for those who only wants to do it, give a brief description of the labor process in the tiny farms from Jana Yeager: "Plant — water — repel flies — tie — assembling — cutting — torture — to boil — put in the cellar to get a look for who would be useful — to find — to pack — to bring all of us around here who like to wait to take to exhale and smile that little girls have already eaten dried pears that big girl again, waiting for the strawberry jam and Jan mastered a new pumpkin soup". Very similar to the formula for happiness.

Source: www.gastronom.ru/text/zaprety-2014-goda-fermerskie-produkty-1005142

Tags

See also

New and interesting