Beets are useful as raw and cooked is one of the few gifts of nature, the nutrients which are not subject to degradation under temperature cooking.
The history of beets more than one Millennium. The ancestor of the modern beet was a wild beet that grew in India and the far East. Moreover, already since ancient times it was used in folk medicine. To us it was introduced only in the tenth century. Moreover, first in the food consumed only the leaves of the root, and the only time the inhabitants of ancient Russia praised the taste of the rhizomes. Today, thanks to breeding, we have many varieties of beets — it can be white, black, yellow, red, sheet, dining room, sugar... But there are many types of this vegetable did not exist, the reason to love him much more. Here is just some of them.
1. Prevention of osteoporosis Beetroot contains silica, which helps our body to efficiently absorb calcium. In turn, calcium is responsible for the condition of our musculoskeletal system and the prevention of osteoporosis and other bone diseases. And such nutrients as magnesium, vitamin C and folic acid that are also present in beets, is the perfect addition for healthy bone development.
2. Prevention of diseases of the blood beet Juice is a great way to prevent various blood disorders, including iron deficiency anemia. Consumption of beetroot increases the production of blood in our body increases the level of hemoglobin, improves blood circulation and oxygen in it, as well as the bandwidth of erythrocytes (red blood cells).
3. A cure for diabetes contains natural Beet sugar with no fat and low in calories and has a low glycemic index. This means that the sugar enters the blood slowly. Accordingly, it will be easier for diabetics to control the blood sugar level and maintain its optimal level.
4. The decline in "bad" cholesterol and cleaning the arteries Beets are rich in dietary fibers, flavonoids and betacyanins. Betacyanin is a powerful antioxidant, which helps reduce oxidation of low-density lipoproteins and does not allow them to Deposit on the artery walls. It protects the body from potential heart disease and strokes.
5. The normalization of blood pressure Magnesium, which is abundantly found in beets, helps in the treatment of hypertension and atherosclerosis. Beetroot is a great source of nitrates, which when consumed, is converted to nitrites and nitric oxide. These components contribute to the expansion of the arteries, consequently, increase the content of oxygen in the blood, lower blood pressure, and with it the risk of atherosclerosis, heart attacks and strokes.
6. Use for pregnant beets are a tremendous source of vitamin B and folic acid, which are crucial to prevent congenital disorders of the fetus such as spina bifida and neural tube defects. In addition, the use of beets provides energy and reduces fatigue in pregnant women.
7. Aphrodisiac Oxidation of nitrates contained in beetroot expands blood vessels and increases blood flow to the genitals. Another chemical component of boron has an important role in the production of sexual hormone which is responsible for increasing libido and sperm motility.
8. Cancer prevention Betacyanin contained in beet juice, slow down the process of cell mutations, precancerous lesions and tumors of the esophagus, breast, prostate, colon, liver, blood disorders and leukemia.
9. Against constipation High dietary fiber content allows the beets to serve as a laxative and diuretic. Root will help you to clean the colon, stimulate the gut and to digest fatty foods and excrete salts of heavy metals. In turn, betaine increases the level of stomach acid and helps patients with hypochlorhydria.
10. Improving the functioning of the brain Beets increases the supply in the brain of oxygen, which contributes to better transmission of nerve impulses and prevents the onset of dementia. And the folic acid in beets can help prevent not only dementia but also Alzheimer's disease.
11. Preventing breathing problems High content in sugar beets of vitamin C stimulates the activity of white blood cells that protect our body from viral and bacterial diseases. Vitamin C will also help fight colds and even help prevent asthma symptoms. And natural beta-carotene, contained in beets, which is a great prevention against lung cancer.
12. Prevention of eye diseases Beta-carotene is a form of vitamin A, which prevents the development of age-related macular degeneration (AMD) and cataracts.
13. Capillary prevention Flavonoids and vitamin C in beets help for a long time to maintain the healthy structure of your capillaries.
14. Liver health Contained in beet juice betaine stimulates the liver and facilitates its detoxification, excretion of toxins, cleansing biliary ducts, kidneys and bladder. In addition, beets help to prevent the accumulation of liver fat deposits caused by alcohol abuse and protein deficiency.
15. A storehouse of vitamins and minerals Beetroot juice contains vitamins A, B1, B2, B3, C, beta-carotene, beta-cyanine, folic acid (B9). Additionally, beetroot is rich in magnesium, phosphorus, sodium, potassium and calcium. Contains a small amount of copper, selenium, zinc, iron and manganese. It also contains carbohydrates, proteins, antioxidants, dietary fibers and various amino acids (including D-amino acids).
16. Anti-inflammatory Beet juice will help with the prevention of any inflammatory diseases, which are one of the main causes of premature aging and age-related diseases.
17. Hair health the Carotenoids contained in beet, will significantly improve the appearance of your hair, make them shiny and more durable. In addition, by improving blood circulation and nutrition of hair follicles beets will help to get rid of dandruff.
18. Effective weight loss High dietary fiber content and low calorie content in beets help cleanse the body of toxic substances and excess water and fat. A complete absence of TRANS - and saturated fats will help to significantly speed up the body's metabolic process.
19. An excellent antidepressant Magnesium contained in beet juice will help relieve tension in the muscles, fight stress and anxiety. At the same time, betaine promotes the production of serotonin in the body, and thereby lifts the mood and tryptophan relaxes the brain and creates a feeling of well-being.
20. Slowing aging Beet contains extremely active antioxidants and phenolic compounds, which prevent the aging of cells and DNA.
Attention side effects! — 10-15% of people after eating beets may experience beeturia (change the color of urine). In itself it is not harmful, but simply evidence of the violation of iron metabolism. With beeturia usually face those who have a shortage or excess iron in the body.
— If you suffer from kidney stones have the disease or predisposition to it, you'd better reduce the number of beets in your diet. The reason is the oxalic acid that is contained in this root. This acid leads to the formation of salts in the kidneys, evolving into the future in the stones (oxalates). Moreover, the maximum negative properties of oxalic acid becomes after the heat treatment of the beets. In this form she is much faster connects to contained in the body with calcium.
Doctors also advise not to get involved beets for those who suffer from hypotension, because beet juice lowers blood pressure. Accordingly, at low pressure should cautiously consume the beets. published
P. S. And remember, only by changing their consumption — together we change the world! ©