In many villages, there is a tradition of stewing beets, sharing an old recipe.

Sauerkraut. The word alone excites the mind! I've never had to make a snack like this before. But recently I came across a simple recipe. And I wondered what it was and what it was eaten with. By the way, there is such a brownie can be just with bread, and as an addition to any main dish. Also, sauerkraut is added to borscht. An unusual combination of tastes is guaranteed!

The beauty of sauerkraut beets is that it can be cooked throughout the year. In this form, the vegetable is great for making homemade borscht. And you can use the brownie itself, and the liquid in which it was soaked. The dish acquires a characteristic sourness, the saturation of which can be adjusted independently.

For the preparation of sauerkraut, it is best to use dark varieties of burjak. Like "Bordeaux." The result is an incredibly attractive snack of rich ruby color. Look!

I also want to warn you that the ingredients in this recipe are designed for one twist. If you want to prepare more blanks, boldly increase the amount of all products several times.

The ingredients
  • 500g beet
  • 0.5 tsp salt
  • 1 tsp sugar
  • 2 teeth. Garlic
  • 1 bay leaf
  • 2-3 pcs. fragrant pepper
  • 0.5 tsp dill seeds
  • water

Preparation
  1. The first thing you do is wash the boar and peel it off. Then cut the vegetable into pieces of the same size. It can be thin slices or bars - how convenient for you.
  2. Next, place the pieces of beet in a sterilized jar along with all the spices, salt and sugar. There you also need to add crushed garlic and bay leaf.

3. Pour the future sauerkraut with cold boiled water so that the liquid completely covers the vegetable. Then cover the neck of a jar of gauze and put it in a dark place for 2-3 days.
  4. Then remove the gauze from the jar and cover it with a sterilized iron lid. Send beets to the refrigerator for 2-3 weeks. During this time, the brownie will be properly soured. Bon appetit!

Sauerkraut beets: the advice of the editorial board During fermentation on top of the borough can form a white mold. Don't be afraid of her. Just carefully remove the top layer of beets and serve the snack on the table. If you want to be safe and prevent the appearance of mold, just place a little finely cut horseradish on top of the vegetable.

As you can see, there is almost no salt in this recipe. And that's perfectly normal. Moreover, many housewives generally ferment beets without salt and sugar. Also during cooking in the jar you can add raisins and a few dried crusts of bread.

This trick will improve the taste of not only sauerkraut, but also the liquid in which it is stewed. It can be safely added to borscht, so that it turns out to be more rich and rich in color and taste. Try it!

I also recommend cooking beets marinated in tangerine juice. Winter is coming, so seasonal tangerines will soon be on the shelves.

Beets are a very useful product that can be consumed raw. For example, make nutritious fruit and vegetable juices from it. I highly recommend reading the article by my colleague Nikolai Laduba. In it, he told how to prepare such a drug. A real vitamin bomb!

If you cook sauerkraut according to our recipe, be sure to share your feedback in the comments. I'll see you downstairs!

Tags

See also

New and interesting