The chef begs first to bake beets, and only then add to borscht

"How much should I bake beets in foil?" I asked the chef of the restaurant. It turns out that for a beautiful dark red color and enhanced taste, the "borough" must first be baked, and only then thrown into borscht.

By the way, handsome chef Andrey from Odessa is so called beets. There's a huge amount. borschBut this one's definitely very lucky. If I have not tried to cook this delicious dish, I recommend it from the heart.

Today's edition. "Site" They will tell you how to prepare the right one. borscht. Not too much fun, but the trick of high cuisine!

How much to bake beets in foil Ingredients
  • 2 medium beets
  • 1 small cabbage head
  • 1 carrot
  • 2 potatoes
  • 1 Bulgarian pepper
  • 1 celery stem
  • 1 can of tomatoes
  • 5 cups of chicken broth (or vegetable broth)
  • 3 bay leaves
  • 1 bulb
  • 2 tbsp chopped dill
  • 1 tbsp lemon juice
  • 1 tbsp vinegar
  • salt, pepper to taste
  • sour cream

Preparation
  1. Wash and peel the beets. Tightly wrap it in foil and bake it in a preheated to 180 degrees oven. How many beets to bake in foil? The answer is simple: until ready. It takes me about 40 minutes.

2. Prepare broth and vegetables in advance. You can cook both chicken (meat) and vegetable broth. Peel the potatoes and cut them in cubes. In boiling borscht add potatoes, cook 10 minutes on a medium heat.

3. Cut the onions and grind carrots. In a heated frying pan with vegetable oil, roast them until soft.

4. Cut the peppers in thin stripes and the celery in cubes. Open a small can of canned tomatoes, drain water from them, and then cut the tomatoes in cubes. Add lemon juice and vinegar. Within 1.5-2 minutes, roast all this in a heated pan with vegetable oil.

5. Add to borscht an onion with carrots, a pair of black pepper peas and a bay leaf. Wash the cabbage and also add it to the borscht. Boil to the softness of the cabbage. After that, sprinkle tomatoes with pepper and celery. Cook for about 5 minutes. 223492

6. Grind or finely cut the beets, and then a couple of minutes before the borsch is ready, add it to the pan. Cook for 3 minutes. Ready. borscht with sour cream and greens. Bon appetit!

I also suggest reading the instructions for cooking borscht in bread from Evgeny Klopotenko. All the details of cooking!

How much to bake beets in foil depends on the oven. For example, my mother bakes an hour at 200 degrees. She pours a spoonful of water into the foil, lubricates the beets with vegetable oil, and then carefully wraps it all and puts it in the oven. Before the beets are ready, it takes 60 minutes.

By the way, besides borscht, I love to add roast To cream cheese with greens and lavash. This snack is great as a snack and even on the festive table.

Tags

See also

New and interesting