Love is not enough.

Last year I witnessed many breakups. Breakups that I did not expect, as did the couples themselves. But they all had one thing in common: they still loved each other very much, but not surprisingly, it wasn’t enough to keep the relationship going.

I used to advocate the idea that love conquers everything, that love helps to fix everything, even the most difficult relationships. But then I realized that love is not enough. This is the basis on which relationships are built, but not the fuel on which they can work.

You can love someone who is not right for you.

You can really love someone, but they won’t be for you. You can be either too similar or too different to the point where you just can’t come to a common decision. You are either too stubborn to admit it, or even more stubborn to end the relationship. After all, when you love someone who is not for you, the relationship becomes like a tug-of-war: you pull and pull until someone lets go and you fly in different directions.

You can love someone, but it doesn’t take time.

You can do anything for a relationship, but one of you may not be ready for the next step. The other may get tired of waiting for the next step. One can get a major promotion at work and devote himself to it at this point in life. Another may crave family and children.

You may love someone, but your parents may stand in your way.

Although the 2016 calendar and our generation is more independent, parents still have their influence. You may love each other, but if someone’s parents are seriously against your choice, then the relationship can be doomed. One way or another, the pressure and tension will be felt.

You can love someone you can’t get along with.

You can love each other, but fight 100 times a day. You may love someone, but they are always working. Or constantly on the phone. Or not sharing her feelings. Or he changes his mind like gloves. Although you may think that love will endure everything, sometimes it is not. Sometimes you get tired of what you can’t live with. Love becomes hard work that you can no longer do, no matter how much you like it.

Eckhart Tolle: Why you shouldn’t be attached to another person

Ellen Hendricksen: Learn to refuse without guilt

You can love someone who makes you love yourself less.

It’s paradoxical, ironic and a bit sadistic that someone can love you so much that you stop loving yourself. Love is a drug, and when it becomes less, you begin to break, anger, anxiety. You become inferior, not self-sufficient. You don't believe in yourself without him.

The truth is that love works when it goes hand in hand with respect, humility, compatibility, and devotion. Relationships based on love alone fail because love cannot live happily ever after. published

Source: soulpost.ru/pochemu-odnoj-lyubvi-ne-dostatochno/

Tags

See also

New and interesting