When you eat - eat.

Master and popularizer of Zen Syunryu Suzuki described the essence of Zen in one phrase: "When you eat - eat." Eastern style express thoughts at first glance illogical and vague - if you read this phrase literally, you can specify a logical question: "And what I actually do, when I eat?" It is often the case that during the meal we watch a movie or series, we talk with someone, thinking about urgent matters, and sometimes even go somewhere on the street. We do not feel the taste and texture of food, not really chew almost do not pay attention to the smell - eat automatically.

On the machine, we do a lot - to work, respond to calls and questions the usual friends or partner, we buy products, just go down the street. Ask yourself: how often in your daily life is the feeling that "I am, that I do now?" Usually I recall one or two events during the day, something from the past week ... and perhaps all.

Today our life is arranged in such a way that we have very little immersed in what we do. As a consequence, many of the things we are experiencing quite superficially, without giving yourself the opportunity to experience, live - in fact, not present in your life to the fullest. Life becomes poorer than it could be, and every living moment of our life we ​​all have to lower the value.

At the same time, we pay great attention to their plans, hopes, expectations, the affairs that will bring some fruit in the future. We invest in them more resources, but the long-awaited implementation of all this somehow does not bring pleasure. By this time we already have new plans to do other things, of course, important and necessary - and feels more valuable. And then it turns out that the real value we did not experience when they do not exist, we are waiting for them and go to meet them, but when they appear, we pass and move on.

The ability to stop and devote time to what is happening "here and now" becomes under these circumstances an important skill. Stop allows you to see both what is going on and what is happening with me - and then I can at this present. It is important to cultivate the habit to stop paying attention to what is happening at the moment. Take time to something, we can experience its value now, not sometime in the future. From this value of our lives is only growing.

"When you eat - eat».

Tags

See also

New and interesting