Why some people can not choose a profession for life

I have long tormented the question: why did not I know who I want to be? Lucky few: a child know exactly what they want to become doctors or astronauts. Then I grew up and learned that it is rather the parents wanted. But I looked at those who give themselves, for example, dancing and getting them more and more professional. And I?

I scolded myself for it, cursing. Career-guidance test shows that I can choose either way. Thank you, I know you already. So I asked my parents gap-year - year delay from higher education - I did not know who I want to learn. So I studied three specialties in 4 different universities. Everywhere excellent student-medalist - and no diploma. Only much later - certified professional coach.

Now I am happy with life. It changes a lot. All my experience, all my failures and findings have led me to where I am, and I'm happy from this. There is still a lot of sharp turns and bends, I know.

I read Barbara Sher, "I refuse to choose!" And almost crying. I found my tribe. I'm good! Do you hear me all right! I'm just a scanner.

It hurts to see people harassing myself for that they can not stick to a single way of life, and believe fatally flawed their best qualities: curiosity, enthusiasm for the new willingness to explore, an exceptional ability to explore the unknown, enthusiasm for new experiences - all that makes them truly alive. Who said that the scanner is necessary to change the way of thinking and way of life?

Scanner wants everything not because of greed or spoiled, and for the same reason that your muscles want to exercise. Scanners like variety, because their brains process information quickly, and they are ready for a new faster than other people. Scanners often gifted in many areas, and they are designed to implement these capabilities.

Most scanners are not held for the stability that is so necessary to others. For many of the changes - that's what disturbs life, something threatening. The scanner also enjoys the change. He, unlike the majority of people are not afraid of the opportunity to once again become a novice.

blockquote> Alas, our culture does not set up this way to treat scanners. If a person is not professionally engaged in the same business all my life, we believe that it has a big problem. Why scanners throw their affairs?

If the magnet that drew the scanner to work, is weakened, we can assume that he has fulfilled that intention. The goal is reached, it is no more. That's why he loses interest. It is not frivolous, not lazy and scattered - it just ends up working on the affair when achieves what he wants. This is normal, as normal to sit down to eat when you are hungry and go from the table when you are full. On the part of all the obvious, but by the scanners is difficult to understand.

blockquote> As a result, a typical scanner - is the one who sweeps through its interests in record time, since it has a powerful and voracious intellect, and before him is his favorite dish - knowledge. More than anything scanners like to learn something new. And this is our main talent.

via interesno.co/books/b3695c76351b

Tags

See also

New and interesting