How to help your child choose the right profession

When parents put their whole soul into a child, they cannot but worry about what their child will become in adulthood, whether it will be able to succeed or at least feed itself. Therefore, choice of future profession For a son or daughter, loving moms and dads think long before they finish school.

However, often such diligence is only harmful. Attempts to give the “right” education and a “good” profession sometimes lead to the fact that the child, agreeing with the will of his parents, is disappointed in his work, feels that he is not in his place, regrets that he only lost time.

Therefore, today we will share the opinion of several parents who give freedom of choice to the child and do not worry about his choice. Their only help is to tell the child about as many professions as possible, so that he chooses the one that suits him the most.

My wife and I are convinced that the child must careerThe meaning of life is simply to feel happy. And is it possible to feel happiness if you are engaged in a profitable, but unloved business? asks entrepreneur Maxim Fedorov, 40.

“We try to give the son everything he wants, but there are certain conditions. At the age of 13, Herman is required to play sports to maintain good physical shape. His data allows him to succeed in basketball or swimming, but we are not trying to put pressure on him.”

“When he is interested in something, my wife and I invite him to take additional courses. Once he became interested in programming and almost a year studied at the IT Academy. But then interest faded, and he abandoned the case. That happens, and we have been understanding.”

“As far as the school is concerned, we agreed that it should not have any bad marks or comments about bad behaviour. Otherwise, he is free to devote as much time to study as he sees fit. In any case, he will have the knowledge necessary for life.”

“Even if Herman does not go to university, we will not be upset. I'll just thank him for saving me money. Today, higher education is necessary only for the work of a doctor or engineer. All I learned in my time in economics was to think with my head and negotiate with people. Not enough for 4 years of study.

“We are not concerned about the fate of the child. If he chooses a favorite business that earns pennies, he just has to adjust to such income. It doesn’t matter if he’s an astronaut or a driver. It is important that he was happy, concludes Maxim.

“The world changes every year, and children continue to be taught the same subjects in school as they were decades ago. I wonder if my son will need this knowledge. The best thing I can do is teach a child to build relationships with people of different ages and social status, says HR manager Svetlana Antonyan, 42.

“If he can get along with people, he will find his place in life. I would like my son to work in the IT field, but this is only my desire, but the abilities and wishes of the child are completely different.

“Today he is in grade 6. I used to go to art school, but abandoned, then became interested in robotics, then began to paint again. At such a young age, it is normal to try everything in a row, Svetlana is sure.

“Even in my own mind, I can’t say that I’ve completely decided on my profession. At first I worked at the institute, then I taught at school, and now I prepare theatrical productions, says teacher Irina Naumova, 40.

“That is why my main task is to help my son find a profession that will truly enthrall him. It’s great if it also generates income. I show him different activities and explain what paths of development exist. Let him draw conclusions for himself.

The problem of choosing a future profession For the child stands before all parents. And the sooner they worry about quality career guidance work, the easier it will be to determine the real interests and inclinations of the child. And giving him freedom of choice or insisting on the “necessary” profession is the job of the parents themselves.

And you let the baby do it yourself. chooseIf he wants to connect his life with eSports? Do you want to choose a more “real” career? Share your opinion in the comments.

Tags

See also

New and interesting