How to stop dreaming of perfection and learn to accept yourself

endless self-improvement in the training and seminars - whether this is good as it seems? Does this mean that we simply do not love yourself, do not accept and do not want to meet face to face with him?

Website published an article by journalist and blogger Irina Nikishin, which tells the story of how she came to say to yourself, "Yes».

- A year ago, in a chilly October day, I was sitting at my desk in the office and languishing from boredom, emptiness and pointlessness of life. It was not clear what to do and how to live.

And then in my email box fell letter of invitation to the training of personal growth, which promised just 6 lessons I provide "effective instruments of transformation of life." Since losing to me was nothing special, I decided to go and try. Suddenly something happens.

I can not say that this training has abruptly changed my life, but the start has been made. I set about trying to understand themselves in their destructive programs, sources of the failures and, ultimately, to change your life and make it more meaningful, full and happy.

So I became a regular at various psychological trainings and seminars on self-awareness, body-oriented practices and so forth. I reminded thirsty wanderer who has finally been given plenty of water to drink. It seemed to me that that's a little bit more and my long process of self-knowledge is complete.

And, although it is believed that there is no limit to perfection, in my case the limit is still due. At the last consultation at tarologa I suddenly realized that there was nothing new about themselves did not recognize. I felt that everything I know about myself is, I know, and so, without tarologov and numerologists. But the problem was that I did not trust myself, my inner voice, your intuition.

That's when I realized that my obsessive passion for psychology, spiritual, esoteric and other practices - is a veiled form of aversion itself. It is my desire to see themselves true: sometimes frightened, sometimes weak, sometimes confused and sometimes angry. And, oddly enough, it is still imperfect.

And then I decided to stop.

I stopped to read clever books, attend various trainings and seminars. Ceased to study, analyze, get to the essence.

I introduced myself to the new practice every morning and every evening to spend one o'clock alone. Just sit in silence with eyes closed and watch yourself: for your body, your breath, your emotions and thoughts. Watch, feel, and to accept with love all your fears, shame, anger, guilt, error, failure, do not analyze and do not make any conclusions.

Every time an amazing thing happens: continuous myslemeshalka consisting of all sorts of judgments, fears, anxieties, gradually dies away, the tension in the body takes place, the emotions subside, and are replaced by knowledge, answers, peace, acceptance, and love. And it is in this state, you start to feel its value, the value of the way, his choice, his mistakes, his views, his rhythm. With this observation, I finally felt that the means to accept themselves.

To me the unconditional acceptance means:

To say the absolute 'yes' currently present, with all its eccentricities, flaws, eccentricities, and the imperfections of previous experience. Take a little girl, and capricious and spiteful bitch, and crazy city. And do it without judgment and without wanting to quickly improve, but with love and respect to this part of his personality. Take in itself all that is not enough, and perhaps even annoying, and at the same not to feel disappointed that I do not meet any requirements, criteria and expectations. Trust Me: their desires, aspirations, feelings, intuition, inner voice. Take their physical condition, to feel your body, it needs to recognize the limits of their capabilities, respect its rhythm of life. To be aware of the fact that in this world we all come with their own goals and objectives, with their backgrounds. We are born in different families, brought up by different parents, we all have different resources, talents and abilities, so the results and achievements, we are also different. So even if someone has never become an Olympic champion and Hollywood star, his life is not to be less valuable.

In conclusion I would like to say that I'm not disappointed in psychology, esoterica and other methods of self-knowledge. I am grateful to all psychologists and coaches who helped me understand myself and make my life more meaningful, vivid and heartfelt. I still attend some seminars, practice, dance and meditate. But now I do it without fanaticism, and not "to ...».

Not to be flawless and perfect, but because I get pleasure from it, filled with energy, strength and joy of life.

Author: Irina Nikishin, blog Life is a Miracle
Illustration on preview: MARIANA KALACHEVA

via www.facebook.com/MARIANA-KALACHEVA-114510931895899/

Tags

See also

New and interesting