How to set up for a happy life

Everyone has the ability to dream. In our dreams, we realize our most daring plans, become better and live differently. We can and should dream, but sometimes our dreams turn into regrets and guilt. We begin to regret the life we could have had. Many feel it, but few try to do anything about it.

Vladimir Yakovlev is sure that it is impossible to leave this just like that, and we are sure that this is not the way to happiness. So today, "Site" He says, How to change your life for the better And stop regretting what could have been.

Vladimir Yakovlev in one of his videos told a story that makes you think: “My parents had a friend who every morning at breakfast poured himself a glass of cognac, cut off a slice of lemon, drank, snacked and sighed: “Oh, how could you live.” He was a miserable man. Not that he was unlucky in life, he had a good family, an apartment, a car. But besides that, he had another, imaginary life.”

And it is in this imaginary life that the whole problem is. Man has been cultivating guilt for years for not living the life he could have been. Every day he goes to two jobs: the one he has and the one he could have had if he had been braver or better.

And he also has two apartments: one he lives in, and the second is the one he did not earn. And it's the same with a car, and with watches, clothes, appliances and a million other things. And family. He is with those who are close to him and those who could have been, if they had corrected some shortcomings.

Two lives seem to go in parallel, and in the second, imaginary, everything is perfect, and in the real, not so and so. And even though the second life exists only in the imagination, this does not prevent a person from constantly blaming himself for the fact that in reality he lives not so. We cultivate in ourselves this regret, the guilt that we then have to live with.

Everyone knows the popular phrase: “Dreaming is not harmful”, but all this makes you doubt the correctness of such statements. There is nothing wrong with our imaginary life, because it is just a dream. But there is one unpleasant property: the life we have created makes us neglect the one we already have.

Real successes and achievements pale in comparison with imaginary ones. A person devalues himself and ceases to be happy with what happens to him. Imaginary, improved versions of friends and loved ones deprive us of these people, because we no longer value them for who they really are.

Some people spend almost their entire lives chasing invented happiness, only in adulthood realizing their mistake. Yakovlev confesses: I spent many years chasing my own imagination, blaming myself and losing friends, until I finally realized that imagination was impossible to catch up with. Life doesn't have a second copy. We live in one copy, it has nothing to compare, because it is unique and unique.”

This is a thought that each of us must understand. There is one simple way to stop regretting and start living for real: just stop imagining another life. Of course, you need to dream, strive for something more, but do not live the life that could be.

Learn to appreciate yourself, your successes and give them credit. Enjoy victories, turn defeats into an invaluable experience, value your loved ones and friends as they are. Remember that even if you want to build a new life, you will not build it out of nothing except the life you already have.

And there is no universal recipe for how and when to do it, it all depends on you. It doesn’t matter if you’re 20 or 55, there’s always an opportunity to put aside regret, guilt, and love the life you have right now. Always strive for the best and more, but remember to enjoy what you have here and now!

Vladimir Yakovlev is an amazing person. He is incredibly inspiring and his life-changing thoughts And I make you look at a lot of things from a different angle. We recently shared with you his thoughts on age and when to really get old.

He also talked about the Lost Age Syndrome, which can affect all of us. Interesting thoughts...

And we shared with you interesting thoughts Yakovlev about why you should allow yourself to be sad when you want.

What do you think about that? Tell us in the comments.

Tags

See also

New and interesting