Website published an article writer Joshua Becker of the measure of success and respectability in the modern world.
- I began to look at the world a little differently since both decided to do fewer things. I looked at a different angle to the way society defines success. Too often, those who earns, spends and saves the most, automatically become "successful».
But it's bad. I know some wonderful people who have decided not to focus on the material things - and that is why they are not considered successful.
As we are very deeply embedded dependent on public approval. And so many people look for a more "decent" employment, erecting a kind of facade of success.
Here is a list of things that do not impress me anymore:
1. Brand clothes h3> I'll never understand why it is so important to the brand name on the label clothes. Very often, people are paying for the opportunity to become a walking billboard. I'm not surprised the logo on the shirt, purse or watch. Instead, I admire those who can impress his personality and character.
2. The number of carats jewelry h3> In my new book has a chapter about Brian and Nicole, who are married for 5 years, and every day something currently denied in order to pay off the debt for a wedding ring strong >. Maybe someone and admired the size of the stone, but most of it did not even notice. Is it worth it for such efforts?
3. The cost of the car h3> Of course, the safety of the car is very important, especially if we spend a lot of time there. But now, luxury and sports cars are something more than just a means of transportation, for example, now it is likely a good way to 60 seconds cause the admiration of strangers, until the red signal light. Strong >
4. The house h3> Private house - the guarantor of stability and peace, and I was really proud when he bought a house for his family. But a few years ago, we moved into a smaller house, and I have never regretted this decision. When I pass by a mansion, then I remember, we are happy in our small and cozy nest.
5. The size of the bank account h3> The absolute measure of success in the modern world is the size of personal wealth. We are not the first in this approach: such standards existed at all times. But, perhaps, the amount of accumulated funds in a bank account is not a measure of success? May, the number of good deeds that we are able to make over a lifetime - where the best measure?
6. Model mobile phone h3> Just the other day I was walking in the park with their children and their friends. I was very surprised, but the most talked about technologies rebyatnya. «What is your iPhone? What is the model of an iPod? Guess who's birthday gave a new smartphone? » Children under 10 years old spend time to discuss the latest technologies. And I wanted to kill them, but recovered in time: adults, in fact, not far from them left.
7. Photos social networks h3> Almost every publishes a beautiful picture of his life - from new clothes and restaurant meals to photos from the concerts and aircraft wings. These pictures are selected carefully and are published only the most interesting moments. Strange, but then we blame glossy magazines and advertising excessive use of Photoshop, while yourself compulsory edit their lives before sharing them on social networks.
Let's try to impress and inspire others is not our things, and their own lives and experiences.