Things in the house: get rid of what lost its value!

In the first part of the digest books Yukiko and Mrs. Kaneko "Life without the things" we looked at the reasons why the house has no order. Now let's think together, what to do to this very clean house was.

Yukiko and Mrs. Kaneko compares the process of getting rid of things with weight loss. Yes, it is possible for a few days on a strict diet to lose a few pounds. But when they return to their previous level of consumption dropped kg not only return, but also bring new friends. But in order to lose weight for the long haul, you need to rethink your way of eating.

Eighty five million eight hundred six thousand one hundred twenty seven

And with things: even if at the same time to throw out all unnecessary stuff, enjoy a perfectly empty and clean the house have a very short time. Only a matter of time before the empty space will be filled with all sorts of details. For "life without the things" you need to constantly monitor the flow coming into the house and things to get rid of what lost its value and necessity.

Of course, it's easy to say, tomorrow, do not buy anything unnecessary. And is it easy to do? Yukiko and Mrs. Kaneko offers several strategic moves designed to instantly raschlenitel house, but gradually wean yourself from acquiring unnecessary.

Love yourself in the present more than the future me.
How often do we convince ourselves that frankly unnecessary now the subject may need someday? Then, when I have more time I will lose weight when the kids become bigger… All of these excuses is not just a deception, it is robbing themselves. We deprive ourselves of real space is clean, free home for their future. We do not buy new beautiful jeans, because in the closet are jeans two sizes smaller than I need. We don't buy a beautiful and comfortable Cup, because they haven't broken unloved aunt donated service.

Yukiko and Mrs. Kaneko offers with each gust "leave for later" to remind yourself of your own values here and now. What is more important: your need for order and good things around now, or possible suggestions to You from the future? Who's the boss, You or Your illusory samotracia in the future? Especially this strategy atkualnaya for Stingy grandparents and lovers of the hobby. If You are going right now (tomorrow, this week) to knit from this yarn, so You-there's a more important, necessary and interesting things. And storage chests yarn from which ever want something to associate is recognition of the priority of You-future. Your business and needs are much more important now!

Enjoy the process of choosing and buying all things.
Many things come into our house quite by accident. If we were presented with a duvet cover or curtains, for example, we are likely going to use them, even if we don't end up like me, or fit these things. The same thing happens when we are committed bad purchase. And use things unloved, unwanted, inconvenient, irritating implicitly. At first glance, it seems uneconomical to change it is a workable thing. But if the thing does not contain Your love, Your joy of owning it – it is just a thing, a set of materials that are bonded in one piece. To have things in Your house would bring only pleasure, try to use the following tips.
  • Look around you and ask yourself the question: what are the things in my house I wanted(-a) to replace? That is not pleasing to my eye? What I'm thinking: Oh, and it would be good? Write down everything, do not hesitate. New sweater with braids, milky white, and not beige. New curtains. The pillows on the sofa. Soap dish. Refrigerator. Table. Anything! This will be a list of Your purchases for the near future. You will almost certainly find that some items in the list You can afford to buy any right now, just been forgetting or not ever occur to you that I want and it is possible – even if the same bar of soap. And if some things, like curtains, require a more serious investment, not buying unnecessary and inappropriate, after some time You accumulate a certain amount.
  • Second list, who is the author of the book "Life without things" recommends be – Your regularly replenished inventory. Flour, washing powder, shampoo, soap, toilet paper, cocoa, etc do You feel about the selection of these items? And maybe buy a familiar brand out of habit, not even quite being satisfied with the quality of the product? Look for a new one! View reviews on the Internet, read the compounds on the package, consider your requirements for functionality purchased.
  • By the way, this is another tip Yukiko and Mrs. Kaneko: try to get pleasure not only from the fact of purchase, but from choosing the things. Not found the shampoo with the desired composition in the nearest store? If time allows, you can go to another store, more, not now and on the same day. But you can order the shampoo in online store. Rate the joy of searching, comparing features, looking for differences and the slow, thoughtful selection of the very necessary and pleasant to You personally.
Just in case once again I remind what I wrote in the first part: tips Yukiko and Mrs. Kaneko never wear the ultimate nature. No one is forcing You personally today to change your favorite brands of buckwheat and washing powder. This is just a suggestion to look at how the surrounding material world consistent with Your needs and requirements, how it brings You pleasure and where to find the opportunity to improve the existing situation.

Fifty eight million three hundred ninety thousand three hundred eighty seven

Have the number of things that You are able to handle.
Here thought Yukiko and Mrs. Kaneko is very similar to the ideas Maria Condo: it is not necessary to create a large stockpile of anything. We cannot overcome natural limitations on capabilities of the use of things. How many lipsticks a woman can use if she only has one lip? Even if you use a separate lip balm for each day of the week – seven Grand. In this case, one lipstick, note, is used only four times in a month, so most likely, its term of validity expires before the lipstick over. And so with each of the seven pieces. If the owner does not purchase another pair.

If You bought a new stunning Cup – remove the old, and a month with a clear conscience throw away. Bought new black jeans – get rid of the old one. It is especially important to control the balance of incoming-outgoing items to the Hostesses, Mean grandmothers and Queens of shopping. If You don't want to live in the cluttered abundance of objects in a house, remember the rule of replacement. If the new purchase better, nicer, more useful old things from the old need to get rid of. And of course, if the new purchase to become such a state is not threatened, it is better not to do. A few more tips to manage number of things:To play "how else can you explain that?" If we suddenly and at once took the thing to buy you might think, than to replace it. Russian women have huge experience tweaks on the replacement need is available, but it's not about survival in conditions of shortage. This is a game, as a search for a replacement ingredient in the recipe that turns it into a creation of its own unique experience and prescription. In the age of the Internet to find a thousand tips on how to get the stain out without a special remover for this type of spots – not a big deal. If the upcoming purchase is not obviously needed, try first to think and look for analogues of this purchase. Take care of the condition good and favorite things.If we appreciate and love the chosen things, to care for them. Suede shoes better to clean the brush after each use than a few times to throw away because of unsightly appearance. Knitwear need to be cleaned of lint, and a leather bag – wipe clean with a damp cloth from dust. Microwave oven should be cleaned regularly with, until the grease and dirt is not ingrained tightly. In General, there is an analogy with the system flylady – clean clean. To value memories more than things. The numerous Souvenirs from trips Yukiko and Mrs. Kaneko advises to always ask: why me? To buy to buy? Pretty pointless. We buy Souvenirs to keep the memory of the trip to precious memories have not disappeared in the flow. But the bulk of photo albums and tons of Souvenirs, by contrast, does not cause the desire to touch them, to touch, to recall the past moments. So isn't it better to deliberately limit the number of "objects-memories", replacing them with experience, the ability to feel and to tell something? Instead of Souvenirs from the trip bring stories about unusual and interesting places. Instead of dozens of similar photos – top ten things that cause genuine delight and admiration. Even just one picture/postcard/diary entry will revive Your memories worse than a kilogram statuettes and trinkets. To appreciate the emptiness of space.We may have different ideas about the interior, some people prefer minimalism, and someone to comfort cherished cushions and vases. But if things cluttered all the surfaces, alas, the comfort disappears, it remains only a feeling of visual garbage. Besides, in the house that does not have free space, hard to clean, wash, wipe, vacuum. Yukiko and Mrs. Kaneko is not offering minimalism as a means of getting rid of congestion, rather, her ideas are close flylady: do not leave things on the floor, as not to clutter up horizontal surfaces to return things in place after use. From what I found it interesting in terms of the organization of the house – the remark of the author of "Life without things" about the most often scatters things. Yukiko and Mrs. Kaneko writes: in the vast majority of homeless families wander around the house the same things. Everyone has one, but almost nobody allocates for these items a separate space. This remote control and nedochitannaya books/Newspapers/magazines. The author offers to either buy a magazine rack or to attach the fabric "pockets" on the backs of chairs, and put "homeless Wanderers" in there. I went and highlighted vertical folder divider nedodelannogo and place the TV on all consoles.

Not to put at the top priority of the low price.

We are talking about what we call a capacious Russian word "freebie", free or very cheap things. When buying, of course, we are all very interested in the price of the goods, but do not buy anything just because of low price. If You would like to buy this item, whether it is more expensive, with high probability it is absolutely not necessary. This advice is particularly relevant Mistresses get great pleasure from the purchase of goods at a discount, wholesale or on sale.

Again – nothing wrong with the desire to save money there, we need only keep in mind that unwanted is not a saving, quite the contrary in fact, a waste. Even if You offer something free of junk, it's still a waste of Your resources, Your home space, Your time for cleaning etc.

Eighty eight million nine hundred seventy five thousand two hundred six

Pre-mark the area of "failure."

The latter strategy does not deny the previous ones, but stating a fact: only very persistent people may not buy any nonsense. Most of us, including the recognition of Yukiko and Mrs. Kaneko, she is, after all only weak people for whom the shopping process is a significant pleasure. So if the soul needs shopping right here and now, the author of "Life without things" advises not to turn "I Want to buy something" "Ah, okay, walk so to walk".

Take a few deep breaths, look at the sky, relax. In advance and mark yourself the limits of an upcoming riot. If it is a huge bookstore – don't let it be more than one book. If it is the store – may it be a small saucer for serving pickles. If it's a gift shop – no need to take metre wooden sculpture, buy little doll pocket size. In General, try to outline in advance yourself beyond the limits in size of things or their number. Remember the previous tip? Restrictions shouldn't be done on the parameter value, with the approach of "buy no more than a certain amount" much higher risk to score a lot of useless but cheap stuff.

A significant part of "Life without things" is dedicated to getting rid of unnecessary things. Yukiko and Mrs. Kaneko separates items in the house for a few sectors (clothing, papers and documents, books and CDs, etc.) and gives tips for getting rid of things from this sector. The tips are quite specific to living in Japan, so that part I'm just gonna put in your retelling.

Also interesting: a General cleaning of your life: nacrite from their house in order!

Order in the room of a teenager: but is it necessary?

In conclusion I want to say that "Life without things," Yukiko and Mrs. Kaneko from a literary point of view – the book is not the most readable, so to speak. The author jumping back and forth, the paragraphs in different chapters to each other duplicate, sometimes one idea stretched for many pages, sometimes in the same paragraph at the top contained a lot of interesting ideas. Honestly, I don't think such a book would make sense to translate into Russian language. But to me personally the book was interesting and somehow hit the target, I reread a few times.

"Life without things" is a life with a meaningful choice of material goods, with a different attitude toward their purchases, subject to the world around. The way to get more enjoyment from your own home. published 

Author: Nikkori

Source: nikkori.livejournal.com/118754.html

Tags

See also

New and interesting