I have 200 days do not buy any new things, and that's what I understood

The site publishes the incredible story of a woman who went through the death of his father and radically revised its approach to zhizni.Neskolko months ago, I went through the worst experience in my life: my father died. He had cancer.

But in our society it is not taken too long to mourn the loss of a loved one: you need to work. And still need to collect a pile of papers, and to inform about what happened a thousand different instances. When I'm done with it, I decided to clean out the apartment of his father no longer need anyone to stuff.

This is a very thankless task.

Analyzing the rubble, I felt literally suffocating. Almost every thing has been associated with certain memories. I had a lot of work.

It took weeks to get rid of all that junk that has accumulated in the den of my father alone. Something had to sell that somehow managed to give, and something had to just throw. Boxes and boxes of crockery, clothing, furniture, office office, and a ton of everything ...

In fact, I threw away all his accumulated over the decades.

To buy these things, my father had once spent a lot of time, money and effort. And now I still have great difficulty had to give them for recycling. We are destroying the planet, ready to leave nothing for future generations - and to buy items, most of which we will use rarely, if ever at all. On some of them we forget almost the same day, when they buy.

We are destroying the planet, ready to leave nothing for future generations - and everything in order to buy things, most of which we will use rarely, if ever at all h4> The story It sobered me.

I started to experiment, wanted to try not to buy any new things for 200 consecutive days.

Like many of those who have a stable income, I've never been too disciplined consumer. Like everyone else, I bought things that I can not afford. And often I thought, "Why not?" So I was really wondering if I could do without the malls all the time.

I managed. With the exception of food, medicines and basic toiletries, I did not buy in the shops. Anything I needed, I was either borrowed or bought through the site advertisements b / y.

It was an amazing experience. 7 And the lessons I learned from this experiment.

1. The world has too many vescheyPoka I was selling his father's property, I visited a lot of charity shops and sites advertisement. Even a Facebook a lot of people sell each other millions of things.

Frankly, I'm shocked by the amount of things that we produce. Mountain clothes, tons of furniture, dishes, pots, sticks - the ocean of things that can not even imagine. A huge part of it all ends his life in a landfill. It is unlikely that we need more things.

2. We are addicted to shopping. This should lechitKogda I tried to fill my whole need for purchases using used things that began to go on a thrift store, I was shocked by how many unnecessary surrounds us.

In these shops are full of the things in the package, which no one had ever opened. I met new in packages even scented candles!

In general, in itself an act of purchase - rather the result of manipulating us, and not a conscious choice.

3. People are taught to think that "beushnye" - is negigienichnoKogda I described his experience in a blog, many people have written to me in the comments, what to buy second-hand - it's unhygienic. Like, buying clothes, furniture and other goods - it is low, and things "contaminated alien microbes." This is strange!

People gave their things for humanitarian assistance, do it with a smile on your face! Why then should we assume that it is only for the poor, but not for us?

4. Large hypermarkets does not need you, and korporatsiyamZa these 200 days I realized that I did not need in hypermarkets. All you can buy the right products around the house, within one to two quarters. Shopping in these stores even more enjoyable: they always cleaner, here take care of the products and customers.

When you go to the supermarket, you always buy a bunch of useless things that did not exist in your shopping list. There's everything to do it. You want to go to a big store to "stock up" and save, and the result will still spend far more than would have spent staying home.

5. There is nothing new and nothing dorogoMoy bank account, of course, I breathed during those six months. I do not use credit cards for me there is no financial pressure. I live easily (in a moral sense, I did not quit work) and finally realize: much better to live without the constant shopping than with him, and in addition to the age-old fear of being left without money.

Things just are not worth it.

6. It's amazing: to pay a specific person, not korporatsiiKogda you buy something through an ad, you will find that most of the sellers - are honest and decent people who want to sell you a useful thing. They are normal, ready to give you something completely new on the purchase price, with a small discount. They bought too much, they do not need it and they welcome the chance to return the money. Your transaction will make happy them much more than a cashier in a hypermarket of household appliances. And even more than the sales manager, who wanted vtyuhat your TV that you could not afford.

And it's just nice: to know that your money goes into the pocket of a normal person, not into the mouth of a faceless corporation.

7. I really do not need all this "good" Yes, there are things that you can not buy "beushnye". Many things. Typically, all of these items are associated with hygiene. When I have to buy it, I just make myself do it.

But most of the time I have business as usual. I just live, go to work, I drink with my friends, I go by taxi. And salary exceeds my expenses, but not equal to it. My stress is almost gone, back serenity and inner harmony. Now I understand that the significance of the absolute majority of things is overrated.

I believe that minimalism - this is the best way to live. To realize this, I had to lose a father. But I hope you to comprehend this truth do not have to go through hell.

I hope this post will make you at least think about how you usually behave in large stores. Should we count all these discounts and to pay attention to all the shares? Maybe it's just a hoax?

via www.adme.ru/svoboda-psihologiya/ya-uzhe-200-dnej-ne-pokupayu-nikakih-novyh-veschej-i-vot-chto-ya-ponyala-1025260

Tags

See also

New and interesting