The guy who takes himself just sitting with a smile on his face

Why does he do it? .. Benjamin Bennett is likely to lead the strangest channel on YouTube. For six months, he silently smiling, sitting in front of the camera pose for meditation for several hours a day! He placed no less than 120 hours of video, which he does not do anything, just sitting, without giving any explanation.

Video Ben did not make any noise at all - in the literal and figurative sense - until he reached his mid-25 th live broadcast. After his channel appeared quite a lot of views, everyone wanted to know what he is doing and why. Some thought that this art, others have suggested that he was meditating. Someone was convinced that the man is mentally ill.

The mystery was solved when Vice magazine published an interview with the main character rolls. When asked why he does it, the guy gave a vague answer.

«I do not know. It seemed to me something so that was not enough on the Internet. It seemed that it was bound to be, but no one else was going to do.

In fact I did not have any purpose. My mailbox swamped with messages from people wondering why I'm doing this. But I do not think this question can actually be applied to my activities. You can carry it to the performances, I'm interested in this kind of art and aesthetics of interaction.

I think that if someone could look at it, he will be able to understand. Even if they think they do not understand, I believe that this is the correct understanding of what is happening ».

blockquote> In order to prepare it does not need anything more than a sip of water and going to the toilet before you start recording. Ben claims that have never experienced hunger during the broadcast and recording days eating very little. One day he forgot to visit the restroom, and when asked what happened during that video, he replied: "I think I would leave it a secret».

According to Ben, the smile - is an integral part of the video. If he does not smile, the audience would think that he is meditating, or simply suffer from a martyr complex, and then no one wants to watch him.

«I believe that a smile is much better reflects what I want to say to the world, and compensates for the duration of the action».

blockquote> During a video someone broke into the house of Ben, and believe it or not, he did not react to it.

«It was Thanksgiving Day, I was home alone and heard a knock at the door. Then there was a loud bang and I heard someone snuck on the first floor while I was upstairs.

It has seemed to me suspicious, because my neighbor left for work. I thought that someone had entered the house, but knew from the beginning that would not move. Then I heard someone climbed up the stairs, opened the door to my room and said, "Hello?". I did not move, he closed the door and left the house. And only then I exited, and then found that the door was broken ».

Blockquote> Bin said that has not responded to this incident, because everything no matter what happens in that situation, it would make a great video.

«It was live, but I do not think that someone was watching me at the moment. My heart jumped out of my chest, but I knew - the best thing I could do is not to react to what is happening. And that guy now has a story to tell ».

blockquote> Ben likes to shoot his movie that thinks about how to make it his permanent job - just sit back and smile 40 hours a week. Then he would start getting more serious donations. But while he received only $ 24 donations from a button on his Web site, half of which was from his mother.

Most of the comments that got Ben, were "disparaging».

«But the emails that I get mostly positive and cheers. I think a lot of people send me letters, really interested in meditation and they like the idea that I'm doing. Often people say that it makes them smile ».

blockquote>

via factroom.ru

Tags

See also

New and interesting