The story of parents for whom twins turned out to be an impossible burden

The other day we came across an interesting story on the Internet. Its author is Ukrainian journalist Olga Chernaya, who writes about important everyday problems familiar to many of us. The story is about an abandoned girl who survived. childhood At the shelter. It got us so hooked that we couldn't help but share it with you. We hope you will share with us the sadness of today’s history.

Difficult childhood freckles, grouse... Why did these “sun kisses” decorate her face with golden specks? The children teased Romana: “Hummy, hemp!” And not only hemp, but also red hair. Her hair could be envied: thick, long, curly, shimmering in the sun. However, the girl was not happy at all. The name! Romka. That's what everyone called her. Romana was angry, could even kick back. Especially the boys.

She didn't know who her mother was. The one who brought her into this world left her at the door of an orphanage. The baby was found by a driver named Roman. So the girl was called Romana. She cried when one of the children was “found” by her parents and taken away from the orphanage, and she was bypassed.

Later, in the boarding school, she heard: “Nobody likes redheads!” “I have golden hair, not red hair!” she replied. And she was laughed at. This favorite teacher Natalia Nesterovna told Romana that she has beautiful golden hair.

"Romka, are you going to look for your mother?" once asked Oksana's girlfriend. Why? She doesn't need me. And you? the girl replied. "I will." I dream of my mother, she's nice. Looks like an actress, sniffed Oksanka. "You're making it up. How can you dream of your mother if you have never seen her?

Oksana was upset because Romana didn't believe her. Although she also sometimes thought she would look for her mom when she grew up. But where? Should I? And she never dreamed of her mother. The girl had another dream. She wanted to finish her studies and leave here forever.

Children in the boarding school were called “bar children”, because the school was in the former estate. New buildings were built and the old building renovated. But for the locals, they were all “bar children”. Romana didn't like it. They were all orphans, not children of manners.

She also wanted to train as a nurse and work in an ambulance. It's all about Andrey. He was the only one who didn’t laugh at her red hair. On the contrary, he did. Secretly shared delicacies that were treated to children for the holidays. He brought apples from nearby gardens and nuts that he collected nearby.

One day Andrew fell from a tree and was seriously injured. It happened in front of Romana. Then the guys in her class went to shake the draw nuts in the suburbs. When the boy fell, the children made a noise. We ran to the nearest house. The owners there called an ambulance.

The nurse was very young. With a soft voice, she calmed Andrei, stroked his hair, trimmed with a hedgehog. The guy was crying. Not the pain. The nurse's kindness. His mother could comfort him, but he didn’t know her. Then Romana and decided: will learn and will also work in the ambulance!

Roman’s adult life graduated from medical school. Forever and without regret left a small town. She returned to the big city, where the driver Roman found her on the threshold of the orphanage. I got a job in an ambulance. As an orphan, she was given a tiny home in a small family.

The girl became a real beauty. “You, Romka, in the movies to act, and not on calls to go,” joked nurse Angelina Petrovna. - I probably can't save you from the cavaliers. If only... Of course, the guys looked at the beautiful Romana. But when she heard that she was an orphan from an orphanage, interest in her disappeared.

And now the guy who made her a date at the cafe didn't show up. Romana finished the second coffee, and Stas was gone. She left the cafe and sat on a park bench. It got dark. Yellow leaves fell from the trees, and small tears rolled from Romana’s eyes.

And Sherlock and I are watching you. We came to see if you are all right, a guy with a small dachshund stopped at the bench. "It's okay. Thank you, Romana replied. “Sherlock does not seem to believe you. Even your pretty freckles became sad, the guy joked.

Romana sighed. “Let me take you home so you don’t get cold here. Sherlock reminds me I didn't introduce myself. Michael, the guy said to the barking dogs. "Romana," the girl replied. “Where does a girl with such an interesting name live?” asked Michael. The girl replied, "A long way from here." I need to stop.”

Speaking, they passed the second stop. Romana talked about her joyless childhood, about the work she loves. Michael was still at university. He studied economics. “My mother is a gallery artist. I wanted to connect my life with art. But I disappointed her. But my dad supported me. He is a businessman, so he likes the economy more, said Mikhail.

It turned out that Romana and Michael are the same year. Even one month old. They both seemed to know each other a long time ago. While they were talking, they reached the house where Romana lived. Sherlock, now we know where to look for a girl with sad freckles if she goes missing.

© Freepik Michael and Romana often met. One day, a guy invited a girl to an art gallery for a presentation of an exhibition of local artists: “I don’t like such events.” But you have to go for your mom, you want to keep company? “I don’t know much about art. But let's go, Romana replied.

However, Romana did not get to the presentation of the exhibition: unscheduled duty. The ambulance driver once joked, "Romana, I saw you with a pretty guy." Just a boyfriend or maybe a fiancé? The girl replied, "No." Comrade! She really couldn't explain her feelings for Michael. She didn't love the guy. That's how much I valued my friend. I was afraid to lose. And Michael did not confess his love to her.

Once they walked around the city and came to the gallery. "Romana, let's go in. Mom should be here. We'll have coffee, the guy suggested. Romana replied, "Okay, I promised." There were few people in the gallery. “Mom must be in the office. By the way, her name is Alice, everyone calls her Ala. And Dad is Yaroslav.

Misha knocked on the door. "Oh, and Dad's here!" And I am not alone, the guest brought, the guy said happily. Romana crossed the threshold. Alice was speechless: in front of her appeared her exact copy, a slim girl with luxurious golden hair.

© Freepik "Son, where did you find her?" asked Alice, stuttering. Yaroslav understood, too. Romana drew attention to the portrait on the wall, as if the painting was painted from her. "Mom, Dad"? Will someone tell me what's going on here? the guy asked.

"I hope this girl isn't your fiancée?" her mother asked. “And if so, what?” replied Michael. The woman could barely control herself: "It's impossible." She's your own sister. You're twins. I gave birth to a boy and a girl, but then your father and I weren't even signed. Students... So we decided to leave one child and the other.

© Freepik “And the second was put before the threshold of the orphanage,” Romana said in a strange, hoarse voice. “Son, we had nothing at the time. I had to get a degree. We would not be able to raise two children, Mikhail’s father explained.

“Have you ever looked for her?” asked Michael. - Not interested at all? Forgot her existence? How come? Alice and Yaroslav were silent in response. Romana left the gallery, and Michael followed. “Well, let’s meet again, sister,” the guy said with a smile on his face.

Not everyone understands the person who has experienced difficult childhood without parents. Will she be able to forgive her newfound mother and father? Does it make sense to resume communication after the fateful act of two adults? It seems that Romana has to make a difficult choice. Whatever he is, his brother will always support him.

Did you like that story? Share your impressions in the comments and thank you for staying with us!

Tags

See also

New and interesting