By the way, you misinterpret the lyrics, you can understand a lot about you

Singing, as a tool psihoanaliza

You spend time with friends, it sounds a popular song, everyone starts to sing along and suddenly someone was not singing the words - probably every one of you is not just happened. In English, even coined the term «mondegreen», indicating the time when someone heard wrong lyrics. The concept invented the famous Sylvia Wright, when I wrote about one of the cases of his childhood - his mother read her poems and little Sylvia instead of lines «And laid him on the green» («and put it on the green grass") suddenly heard «And Lady Mondegreen» ( "And the lady Mondegrin"), since «mondegreen» has become synonymous mondegreen.

Despite the fact that some mondegreen most often occur in the rest of this phenomenon and reflects the individual perception of the world of man and his way of thinking. For example, in the line «Excuse me while I kiss the sky» («I'm sorry, when I kiss the sky"), the composition of Jimi Hendrix «Purple Haze» some hear the last two words as «this guy», most likely because it is much easier to imagine Jim kisses a guy and does not touch her lips to the sky. Interestingly, Hendrix himself, knowing this mondegreen, the performance of the song often kissed on the cheek bass guitarist of the group, which further confused the audience.

Of course, most mondegreen occur in children - because they only learn their own language and are able to on the go invent new words or phrases, the meaning of which hope to learn later from adults - so are born many "bells and darvaldaya ..." (" gift Valdai ")," to get to chew "(" good ever after "), and so on. n. This problem is also often found in studying foreign languages ​​- if the person is not very familiar with the construction of words and phrases in another dialect, new designs are born. The student is desperately trying to make sense of an unfamiliar phrase, and often simply alters heard, giving his own, you know the meaning of it, on which later teachers laugh.

Despite the many comedy "mondegrinov", psychoanalysts and psychologists are paying very close attention to their nature and frequency. According to them, mondegreen, which is inclined person can tell us about the unconscious processes in his psyche, showing a special case of substitution and displacement (the so-called psychological defense mechanisms). Mondegreen arise in the process of combining different intentions, with one of them displaced mentality as invalid, but manifested in the distortion of the other goals. So if you have a buddy who without knowing it, come up with their own texts known compositions, try to understand their meaning - you learn a lot about him.

via factroom.ru

Tags

See also

New and interesting