Peterbilt 362: This sturdy tractor

We bought this Peterbilt 362 1988 model year about a month ago in Russia for US $ 13,600 to help my Kenworth K-100. We serviced and drove so far only 10,000 kilometers. But I have got something to say, because "Americans", "support" for a long time.

25 photos.

- Truckers working since 1991, but 12 years ago moved to the "Europeans" on the tractors from the United States. It turned out that this is a simple, "neubivaemaya" and reliable technology. Rugged, yet incredibly robust. Some people believe that nowhere in the parts she did not get it, but I have no problem with that. Parts are ordered in the United States, and something may come conditional on other trucks. Incidentally, parts, even with the delivery cost me less than in the case of "Europeans"! And with the new machines, is now released, and there is nothing to compare. Here, for example, a brake valve on the tractor from the New World is 500 euros, and in my case - $ 100. Yes, and it is in the old "American" almost eternal.

Under the cab 15-liter diesel Caterpillar 3406B power 550 American "horses." This in-line 6-cylinder engine with turbo and intercooler is one of the most reliable and unpretentious. Are there common mechanical injectors, the engine electronics is not - everything is simple and reliable, both in the tractor.

The flow rate of the "three-axle" is small - about 35 liters per "hundred". It may, because bridges airborne transmission is not, therefore, less transmission loss. In the "European" they are. On modern trucks in its class in Europe consumption may be more. The two tanks placed Peterbilt 362 1,200 liters of fuel.

Speed? The capacity of the car missing. I think up to 150 kilometers per hour acceleration, because no stops here. 20 tons of cargo does not feel. Americans do not go 80 like we have there the speed of highways under 100-110.

According to rough calculations, it is not less than 5 million kilometers. I think no one in the engine has not climbed as factory set it, so he goes. Engine here, believe me old fans of American tractors, almost eternal. At the moment, oil consumption takes. In general, with the purchase of luck usually buy a truck of the year of issue and do, do, do, that it somehow went. Here the car was in very good condition. Some nuances there, but gradually we are solving them.

Two leading rear axles, they have a differential lock. All this is especially rescues in ice. A mountain helps exhaust brake which clamps the valves in an engine. However, with the roar of a standing ...

Brakes all drum, pneumatic, without ABS. Recently, they fingered and free from rust. But it was in good condition, even new shoes. Rust because there was that the car somewhere, two stood.

In bessinhronnoy box 10 assists. 17-inch cable-operated clutch with extremely reliable, but hard to squeeze the pedal. While this pedal is only needed to pull away. Then he picks up a point - and already snap your gears without a clutch.

Peterbilt 362 - this is a business class among trucks. Judge for yourself: a comfortable lounge with a good finish, comfortable fit, great sleeping. A whole bunch of devices: oil temperature, oil pressure, air in the brake circuits, tachometer, oil temperature bridges, box pressure turbine, hours, tachograph and so on. The list of accessories - cruise control, air conditioning, power steering, air-cushioned seat, even the original fan. A lot of different keys, we do not all is clear. When I climbed the first time, I was surprised - as instruments of different buttons. I asked the seller on a piece of paper to write that here and how.

Curiously, thermal fuses. They are, if that just pop up. Then, as cool, it back Paste - on going.

ELECTRIC only not. But I even like it: so reliable, winter is no problem.

In a sleeping bag handed adjustment stove and engine speed. The Americans' avtonomki "do not put - the engine they are constantly working fuel they do not mind. But we certainly put the winter.

Only I did not get enough attention from others. Hug me and sundry. In my view, the front spring suspension still stiff compared with Europeans.

But there is a very comfortable and roomy drawers on each side, they can even fit people. As the joke friends and comrades, two Chinese illegal immigrants on board can take.

The aluminum body is in good condition, and given the year of manufacture of the machine, it is possible to put a solid "five": rot, no rust outright. There are minor nuances, but they are solved with small losses. That's just paint it once so-so - the car was the color "light blue metallic" and became white. More lights are "Zhiguli" - bring the "native" square. From the so-called "collective farm" we will get rid of.

But in general the car went in a very good condition. I know its history, who went before her - the car is more or less cherished. Purchase content. We will eliminate the small nuances to restore the original appearance, and continue to work. Zayed and avtofestival any. It is very rare in our area this Peterbilt 362. In Belarus, another such definitely not. In Russia, a long time ago we saw in St. Petersburg, but where is he now, what happened to him - is unknown. So far in the CIS, my apparently only - on the road to notice it, which is nice.

American tractors me not only for work but also for the soul - I respect them very much. Incredibly simple and robust technique.

Source

Tags

See also

New and interesting