Glowing figurines from glass tubes

The story of how the lights are figurines of glass tubes. Good day!
My name is Stanislaw Kowalski, live in the city of Odessa, my main specialty in IT, but the hobby - creating a glass tube various statuettes and figurines.

Today I'll tell you exactly how and what got such souvenir lamps.

In this picture you can see that in the lamp tube is continuous and both sides are hidden in a plastic case. The length of the tube in the continuous application of 2 meters and the width of the finished product just 34 cm. E., Tube formation and twisted like cord :)
Tubules in the transitions between the letters I blacked out, the word good read.

Here in this photo just made the inscription, even without the plastic casing and not the shaded transitions between letters, so clearly visible continuity of the tube.

That all happened as planned, I draw by hand or typing on a computer paper template. Without the template to do something out of the glass tube is unrealistic. More precisely realistic, but it is the most simple signs.

Then, the paper pattern in the flame of a gas burner, running on propane, I bend the glass tube as accurately as pictured. In the video, I'm in the process.

Once the tube is shaped articles, I fill it with gas. In this case, the tube is transparent and it is filled with argon gas, giving the luminaire a blue color. Here's what happened. Despite the illusion, the car completely flat!

This car was made for a girl, so it was decided to add a heart. Heart is also made of transparent tubes but it has a neon gas, gives the product a red color.

The tubes are not only transparent but also colored by themselves and glow a little differently. Here is an example of neon gas in a red tube, as you see, is a different shade.

Two lamps can be combined to obtain a specific song as your heart desires. For example here, the lamp "Pussycat" and the lamp "Eternal Love" located nearby, allowing them to form a coherent whole.

I so love their hobby themselves creations that my room looks like.
The inscription "Nicole" I gave my daughter a decade ago and now ten years my room illuminated light magic of her name :)

Thank you, it was nice to share with you the details of his magical hobby!

--img12--

Source:

Tags

See also

New and interesting