Future Paralympic Day

A day in the life of the steppe.
Author: Stepan lives in Ukraine in an orphanage at Ascension Banchenskom monastery near the village of Molnitsa. Typically, life here is in full swing since 7 am. But on a day when we arrived, some of the children parted rest and steppes still asleep.

Stepan could not dress himself, and take care of him mother Veronica. Stepan was born without arms. Most of his life he spent in the usual orphanage. One day there came the abbot of the Monastery of the Ascension Banchenskogo father Mikhail and Stepan asked to be taken to the clergy. Father Michael took a steppe.

Daily washing his mother Veronica steppes and helps him to put himself in order.

As for the soul, it takes Stepan own. Open the tap he learned chin.

Despite the fact that the heat in a shelter, Stepan puts on her favorite sweater that he gave parishioners.

For convenience, a sleeve sweater shortened.

Degree is not enough calcium, and every day he drinks a special tablet.

Stepan loves to read. Most of all he likes books about animals. This encyclopedia he knows almost by heart.

When you do not have finger to turn the page is not so simple. But Stepan learned to do this face.

It is time to walk the day, but Mother Veronica leave. Instead Stepan helping Mother Elizabeth.

Like all boys, step does not like to wear a hat, but my mother, Elizabeth insists on.

At the entrance to the orphanage, where the children live, the parents left, says: "Faith, hope and love." This is what they are trying here to give church leaders.

Balance when walking without hands, very difficult. Especially - when you go down the stairs. That is why Stepan tries to move very carefully.

Finally, the long staircase overcome.

It looks like a shelter in which, in addition to the steppe, still live 109 inmates.

Walking, step on his way past the bell tower. He admits that the building reminds him of a rocket.

For cleanliness and order on the territory of the monastery followed the monks. Banchensky Ascension Monastery - a local landmark, and every year many tourists come here.

Stepan beyond the monastery and cross the field.

On the way he meets the boys from the orphanage. Seeing the camera, they are asked to make a picture for memory.

And here is the ultimate goal of the route step - pool.

Someone it may shock, but step - an excellent swimmer.

Plop!

To be honest, the first few seconds of the steppe it was really scary.

But the boy skillfully holds water.

Because of congenital disease Stepan floats only on the back. From time to time he stops and makes a break.

When Stepan just learned to swim, he used a lifejacket. Now, however, I learned to live without him.

Rowed 15 tracks, step climbs skirting.

Returning to the shelter, Stepan comes to the temple.

The monastery kept the Life-Giving Cross of the particles and the relics of St. Seraphim of Sarov. Despite the fact that the temple was built only in 1996, it is not inferior in its greatness, even the most ancient churches.

This icon Stepan loves most. He often stopped in front of her and thinks about God.

Stepan likes to draw. He usually does this paint. But today is a special day. Stepan decided to draw a card for Patriarch Kirill, to congratulate him on his 65th birthday.

Some time ago, the Russian Orthodox Church visited the monastery, and personally met the steppe. This meeting is meant to Stepan much. The boy tells the story of her with a proud smile, calling His Holiness Patriarch: "I will never forget this day. When the Saints came to us, it was a real treat. Seeing as I swim, he kissed me and said, "Steve, you - a great swimmer," and then he blessed me in sports. " Now Stepan dreams of becoming a Paralympic champion in swimming.

If Stepan had the opportunity to congratulate the patriarch himself, he would wish him a long life, health and strength for great achievements. "Patriarch, thank you for your blessing. Come, please, to us again. I'll wait for you "- imagine a conversation with the Primate Stepan.

The postcard shows the yellow sun and blue clouds, green grass. Label the address on the envelope is not itself able Stepan. But Father Michael promised him that in person is required to give a message to the patriarch.

Before going to bed praying Stepan. He asks God to be a new day was as bright and cheerful as the past.

Friends, many of you want to help, or Stepan make him a gift. There is a shelter address, write the name of his father Michael. Stepan's name I do not know, I just mention it in the letter, I think in the shelter will understand and be sure your gift gets to Stepan. Here's the address:
60523, Chernivtsi region., Gertsaevsky district, s.Bancheny Monastery abbot of the monastery - Archimandrite Longin (Heat Mikhail)

Source: odin-moy-den.livejournal.com

Tags

See also

New and interesting