The biggest in Belarus shelter homeless animals

"If found - takin if necessary - fly ...»
The shelter is located in the village of Ozerschina actually in the suburbs Rechitsy, unremarkable in a private home ownership.
His mistress, who presented just Svetlana, tries to remember what year started practicing stray animals:
- So, for more than twenty-five years. Children then just went to school.
Even earlier, in 1981, 18-year-old Svetlana worked as a toolmaker in the construction of the Baikal-Amur Mainline.
On the project to roam a lot of orphan dogs - mostly huskies. Puppies they took the builders come from all over the Soviet Union. And at the end of a business trip grown pets left to fend for themselves. Many dogs were caught and allowed "to cap" and some "foodies" even eaten.
Svetlana, who lived with her husband in a trailer, fed the dogs, which are beaten every day more and more. As a result, their number reached 18. And then the object has been completed, the whole base is removed and moved to a new construction in Komsomolsk-on-Amur. Take animals nobody wanted - all had to put to sleep. In the forest, they would not have survived.
Later, while living in Rechitsa, Svetlana started to pick up and bring home stray animals. In general, those who were in need of veterinary care.
- I've never been involved in order to just go and feed them. If you have already found - takin if necessary - flying, nurse and try to attach the owners. They have so many passed through my hands, that I used to look at the pictures and remember where it came from something or other animal can not.

But his first pet Svetlana remembers. They became red lap dog, running in bins next to the house. The animal was mutilated, and pelvic bones fused properly. Because of the respective type and gait dog nicknamed Stumpy.
- People hated awful! Only hand stretch - just enough. We had bitten his knees, pants torn. Perhaps his once-beaten badly ...
We were accustomed Stumpy two years: he lived still on the trashcan while trying to tame it, so at least let himself pat. Then he brought home. And then he stayed and lived with us for over twenty years - died last year.
The number of guests in the apartment Svetlana grew rapidly. After they arrived much faster than was possible to find the owners. Contain dozens of apartment dogs and cats became impossible. Then the house was bought with a small plot in Ozerschine.
According to Svetlana, relations with the local population itself exactly. Sometimes noisy neighborhood surrounding suffer quietly - in the village to such things in the principles of tolerance.
Besides Svetlana here like Dr. Dolittle, which are sick animals. Not necessarily cats or dogs. This may be a goat, and cattle bigger. Call a professional veterinarian is expensive.

"Sometimes kittens swirls her milk fattening»
From early morning life in an orphanage in full swing, the sounds of barking, which guests are greeted each dawn.
- Pick me they strictly about five - Service is not needed. In the winter, maybe a little later. Running around the yard, fun, waiting for me to come out with a meal.
They usually cook porridge. One feeding requires forty liters. Now, thanks to volunteers, food, in principle, suffice. Previously, it was difficult. Then the first ate a cat. Beckons them "kitty, kitty, kitty", so after some time already and dogs know what it means.
People who I have taken them, wondering, on the usual "on, on, on the" do not respond as well as "kitty, kitty" hear - run.

While Svetlana engaged in cleaning, preparing to plate "lunch", after which she is caring for sick pets. Most of the day is spent on something that someone of them to tie up, treat wounds, injections, given medicines - in some cases, their reception is carried out every half hour.
By the way, many diseases in animals is the same as in humans. Among the many dogs with epilepsy. During the attack, they just fall starts to shake and foam at the mouth. The spectacle is not for the faint of heart. After the seizure the animal for a long time come to life, not realizing what had happened.
In the evening, Svetlana brews morning soldering, but this does not end the trouble. Restful sleep her charges is not guaranteed. And if the summer is open the door to the yard, the winter is necessary to perform the duties of Switzerland.
- A minimum of three times per night to open accounts. Then one asks, the other, someone scratching at the door, someone starts to fuss. One of the company is someone lazy, someone cold, someone wanted to, when it all came back. Well, everyone has their own schedule: someone lark, someone owl ...

Watching as one of the cats is impressive walks in the yard, idly looking at the puppies frolicking, involuntarily reminded of the saying about the incompatibility of these animals. It seems that here the question of peaceful coexistence cat with a dog is not the most urgent.

- Of course, there are clashes, but that's okay. How do I manage them? I do not know - somehow did not think ...
At first look to the behavior of novice acquaint him with the others and see if they accept? If not - translate to another group. They then separated by size, character, over who is friends with whom. They after all, as humans: their likes, habits, habits, intelligence, psychology.
I can not explain how, but I understand that on some instinctive level. I see a dog on the street and I mean for one to say it home or a stray, hungry or thirsty, shy or aggressive, and even where he was going. And they, too, are well aware that living in the boarding school will have to set the rules here.
We used to bitch kittens with her milk fattening. And cats slept in the same box with pet rat ...

- Are not you afraid "revolt on the ship" - the animals all the same?
- I have enough of them own that have not afraid. Even when her daughter was in the seventh grade, the teacher calls: "We now terrified by your Natasha". It turns out that in the schoolyard fight began healthy dogs. All confused and do not know what to do, and she threw the bag in the crowd - all dispersed over a minute.
- Because I know that they will never hurt you, never bites - complements the heroine herself stories, making regular photo frame. - The main thing - they are not afraid. At the very least, do not show fear, and for this it needs to be overcome.
Noticed a fresh scar on his hand, Svetlana. Judging by the number of scars and sutures, the wound was quite serious.

- It does not bite, it's because of the kittens - she explains. - Saves them from the basement. When selected, in the dark, I stumbled and fell, hit his hand on the glass. Sometimes we have to attics and climb out of the pits to get them out of sewer manholes.
There was a case - two weeks hunting for the dog, which ran in the district with five-liter jar on his head. Apparently, eating from her something and stuck. Caught only when she slept under a bush, and we bedspreads, netting crept ...
So when removed the jar - you shed tears of joy ...
Large dogs are in a fenced-mesh netting cage. For cats will soon build your own - in the former greenhouse.

The main item of expenditure in the low-budget "camps" - of course, food. Name the exact amount Svetlana difficult, but something about 10 million rubles a month. Among the supplies and rags (old clothes, blankets, rugs, blankets) and even beushnyh furniture that pupils shelter, by their nature, are used as simulators for claws and fangs.

How to punish "Gerasimos»
Possible assistance in securing have volunteers who visit just coincided with our visit. The girls learned about the existence of a shelter last fall - of posts in social networks. Group has been established, which today comprise 1,785 participants.

Volunteers Larissa and Alla

- People who want to do a good deed, actually a lot - says Larissa volunteer. - Just not everyone knows how and in what way. We accept any help, whether it be food, drugs, or someone takes an animal takes on juggling or permanently.
But most people do not want to bother - just give money. And the donations were not only on the local, but also from the people of Russia, and even from the citizen of UK.
We write on the page group, but who donated, thank you and place photos in social networks checks on purchases. That is, the reporting on the expenditure thus collected money.
However, much more important achievement of animal welfare advocates say the ending of recent history, which has become a hero dog named Forget-Me. Being homeless, she ran to the cattle farm, stumbling under the feet of workers. Then someone from the leadership instructed zootechnician - remove the animal, not to interfere.
That, without thinking twice, he took little dog and with full force slammed into something solid. May hit the wall near the building. After that, a small-town "Gerasim" with a sense of accomplishment threw the unconscious body into a ditch.
However, the unfortunate animal died. Forget-me-some days she lay in a ditch, where she was found. On examination it was found that a large impact in the eyes of a dog jumped out of their sockets. Forget-me-taken to the vet, who removed the remains of the eye.

Volunteers told reporters about the incident the local newspaper, and went to the police, gathered 250 signatures under the statement. In view of the resonance of the proceedings were conducted with maximum scrupulousness. As at the verification stage and in court, a visiting session which, by the way, took place at the very cattle farm.
According to the results has been assigned the maximum penalty provided for sanctions Art. 15.45 of the Administrative Code "Cruelty to animals." Zootechnician received 10 days in jail. Animal rights activists say, and did not expect such a court decision, calling it a victory. Because, in practice, this article of the Administrative Code almost does not work.
Volunteer Alla told about another recent case. We are talking about domestic cat, who lost and has been picked up by some men. A few days later kept her at home, and then wrung the neck and threw the corpse. According to volunteers, have pictures and witnesses who saw what happened. It remains to bring the case to court and bring to justice fanatic.
"Few are those who take just because he loves animals»
- Previously, this was not - sore subject continues hostess shelter. - Stray animals is increasing. And many of them injured, including victims of human hands.
But wanting to pick up the animals, on the contrary, decreases. Before the first day of filing ads phone does not stop now - a single call. Very few of those who take just because he loves animals. Basically, with some ax to grind. If the dog - then to a house or cottage caretaker, if the cat - catch mice or children as a toy.
At the same time engage, train, and care should be as nobody wants.
Who is more likely to take lapdogs, which is easier and cheaper to contain. And the space in the apartment they occupy little. The greatest demand for chihuahua. A little earlier in fashion were Labradors and Huskies.
Of purebred dogs in a shelter often fall Shepherd. Some become "homeless" after the death of the owners, relatives are not interested in a "legacy".
- This year I brought the dogs from the market. They came back to the smell of food and just fell in front of people. But those compassionate, but they can not take - call me ...
Read more: news.tut.by/society/404579.html

Often the owners themselves even get rid of the perennial favorites, which was old, deliver too much inconvenience. Treat them expensive to care - troublesome. Some "humanists" not to condemn pet on a wandering life, export it into the woods. And tied to a tree. In such a shelter Svetlana "suicide" led mushroom pickers.
Others are "classical" method, leaving the foundling asylum under the gate. Knowing that they will prove it. Sometimes comes to outright blackmail.
- At first I was codified very general - says Svetlana. - Because driven and driven, both domestic, and all. Take, say, we have an allergy, not the strength to look tired, and so on. Explain that this is your animal - take care of it, advertise, try to attach. "And why do we need to tinker? Now throw out - it would be wandering, and then you take it ... »
Least likely to find new owners of animals with disabilities. They stay in a shelter to live out their days. Svetlana with a hint of envy good talks about prostheses-wheels - abroad are doing for dogs, who can not walk due to spinal injury and failure of the hind legs. However, the possibility of Svetlana allow only sew covers amputated limb.
Among the "permanent residents" about two dozen dogs. This is not the mistress of pets, and those animals that can not give - they will not be able to adapt. Some people do not recognize. And replacing the usual situation, begin to howl, do not eat, behave inappropriately. Many coerced psyche - too much had to endure.
Literally the day of our arrival from the paddock for the first time released a few months into the yard two collies - Chen and Rose. Before reaching the shelter they were living in an apartment - a father and son. What is surprising about the dogs are cared for as they could. Fed regularly, obtaining food themselves and pets in dumpsters. But the street animals not allowed - being in the four walls, they simply run wild.
Read more: news.tut.by/society/404579.html

Then, with a slight gap, both the master die. Dogs same one to his were not allowed - with great difficulty managed to deliver them to the shelter. But here, for example, to translate a cage, had to use a loop, bedspreads.
Their behavior changed dramatically when the next man turned out to be a volunteer. Chen and Rose suddenly calmed down and got freedom of movement, a step not departed from the new "pope." Only then became clear reason - living locked and seeing only two men, dogs have become reluctant misogynist.

Not a state-owned business is ...
- Is it possible to solve the problem of stray animals, like creating shelters to "officially"?
- I have to say I am totally against state-owned shelters. Because in any state organization people work primarily for the paycheck. Naturally, in this case, they will be small ...
If even in children's homes there were cases when the products and with a dining craving, and no one knows where humanitarian aid at odds ... And imagine what attitude to animals is that neither complain nor nothing can tell?
In general, the main problem - the people. Sometimes they are simply amazing callousness. We then agreed with one major shopping centers: there every day is milk, yogurt, that of bursting packets are merged into a bucket that gave us these residues. Naturally, all dirty, mixed, but the animal will do.
Began to come, to take. So soon to the store manager came disgruntled employees - say, what do you give someone else the milk just like that? We've got children and grandchildren are starving. Well and steel themselves to take. And they drink it, although I can not imagine how you can use the waste in the food, and especially children to give.
I am afraid that in a government shelter so it will be - workers themselves to food for the animals pass. Is that the bone will leave. And then, take away, probably cook soups ...

- And it's all what you want? No desire to quit and live like everyone else, devoting more time to their everyday problems?
- I do not know what to say. Never such sentiment was not simple. Yes, I am here and did not understand, said: "It would be better pigs reared» ...
Of course, it is not easy to pull. But the factory work too hard, and keep domestic economy - the same pigs, cows. And the first cherish, and then kill - it is not every one is able.
We have joked with the children on this subject, that if we had animals: pigs, chickens, then they would have had all the proper names, lived in the house, sleeping under blankets in their beds, and died in a natural way - by virtue of age.
Why should I? But I'm watching: keep people farming - is not rest, they have to work hard, and they suffer from it. Because they are forced - in order to eat some money to earn.
I get a kick out of what I'm doing. Come to their animals - and I'm always happy, everyone loves me. So it's fun even just watching them. They're like people - all different characters, all communicate with each other, but do not say.
Or bring a sick, scary, shabby creature. You start to look, and here last week, and it has become on its feet, back to life. It is difficult to express in words - it is a lot of fun.

--img38--

Tags

See also

New and interesting