Lukashenko highly offended by Putin and blocked the transit of Russian gas to Europe

President of Belarus Alexander Lukashenko ordered to suspend transit of Russian gas to Europe through Belarus.

He said this during yesterday's meeting with Russian Foreign Minister Sergei Lavrov in Minsk, reports delo.ua citing Belarusian channel "Capital TV».

According to Lukashenko, the supply will resume only if the Kremlin will give $ 260 million of debt. Such an act Belarus President explained that "Gazprom" has also reduced gas supplies to the republic up to 85%, which jeopardizes the normal operation of Belarusian enterprises.

In addition, the President of Belarus said that the Kremlin does not agree to leave Belarus last year the price of gas and urgently needs to repay the debt of $ 192 million. "Why am I so outraged? Debt (Belarus to Russia), which today ringing "Gazprom", originated in January-April, at $ 192 million. According to our calculations - $ 187 million. But it does not matter. We tried to negotiate, but "Gazprom" has sent us to the leadership of the country. They will say there (in the Kremlin) to "Gazprom", then leave (Belarus), last year's price. We only began to emerge from the crisis, we were so hard now, only increased trade with Russia. And I would like to Russia at this point to support the economy of Belarus. Failed to agree. I have the money (almost $ 200 million) borrowed from my friends and we'll give them to you soon. But pity that strangers took the money for one day, and Russia two weeks could not wait. But let me remind you that "Gazprom" we owed $ 260 million for gas transit. I ordered the government to block the transit of gas through Belarus as "Gazprom" will not pay. Over the past six months, he gave us a penny is not listed "- said Lukashenko.

However, the Belarusian president said that much offended by Russian President Vladimir Putin and Prime Minister Dmitry Medvedev because of their taunts and sayings. "Excuse me, when we begin to humiliate not burgers, not the sausage, butter or pancakes, we perceive it as an insult to the Belarusian people. So unbecoming contact president (Putin) friendly neighboring country and the Union, the President, who heads actually one nation - Russia and Belarus. And Prime (Medvedev) said that "Belarusians can cross." You see that consumers in Europe are not affected. Such cynicism we did not expect from the leaders of Russia ", - said Lukashenko.

During 2013 the volume of natural gas transit through the territory of the Republic of Belarus was 48, 8 billion cubic meters. m, a 10, 3% more than in 2012. Including the gas transportation system of "Beltransgaz" of transported was 14, 1 billion cubic meters. meters of gas, according to the Belarusian section of the Russian gas pipeline "Yamal - Europe" - 34, 7 billion cubic meters. m.

At the same time, it is reported that "Gazprom" increases the transit of gas through Ukraine, preparing to stop for scheduled maintenance of the marine highway "Nord Stream" from Tuesday

argumentua.com/novosti/lukashenko-silno-obidelsya-na-putina-i-perekryl-tranzit-rossiiskogo-gaza-v-evropu?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=facebook

Tags

See also

New and interesting