"Hopped Up": retroavtomobili

The gallery «Proud Camden», in London, an exhibition «Hopped Up» - a photographic portrait of the European retromobiles submitted by photographer David Bean. The exhibition will be held from 25 February to 11 April. The exhibition presents the movement of Kustom Kulture (speeding car) from the inside, giving the unknown to this view of the participants, their cars and lifestyle. The exhibition «Hopped Up» You can see the cars in the garage, on the track, on the roads and elsewhere. Here you can look into the world of madness that swept Europe.

13 ph via carspicture

1. «Hopped Up» - a photographic portrait of the European retromobiles submitted by photographer David Bean. (David Biene, Hopped Up)

2. "Forcing retromobiles" - is more than just improving the cars, for lovers of this way of life, culture, covering the hairstyle and clothing, music, and interests - this phenomenon has become known as Kustom Kulture. (David Biene, Hopped Up)

3. David Bean lives and works as a freelance photographer in Berlin. Portraits of international artists, musicians and actors made Bean, published in newspapers and magazines around the world. His series of photographs «Hopped Up» - the result of five years of work with the world retromobiles, which culminated in his first book exhibitions. Currently Bin working on the next series of photographs - «OFFstage» - which will be completed in 2010. (David Biene, Hopped Up)

4. "Culture retromobiles - American culture is youth 40s. It is a culture that can touch and feel. You can hear the noise of the engine, you feel the earth shudder when retromobiles starts 1/8 mile. Do you feel the smell of gasoline, oil and rubber. And all this is created by the hands of one man - the one who rides on the highway. This voltage, which looks great with classical forms and style. And the music! It is rude and simple, but at the same time powerful and rhythmic. And the people! And retromobili - is one of the constituents of the culture. For me, that's part or, rather, the opposite of the computer age in which we live, "- says David Bean. Photo: Michie on its "Norton" in Germany in 2008. (David Biene, Hopped Up)

5. "Basically, I'm working with portraits - individual or group - and photos. In any case, the photo should be relevant to humans. I was amazed from the first minute, as soon as the foot on the racing track. I had to capture the moment. No picture in the book and the exhibition is not staged. I'm rather a hunter gatherer. I run around, trying to find the perfect shot. I always carry a camera. In the race, in the rain, the concert, someone at a party. " Photo: Holly - a member of the club «Hot Heads East» and the flagship race of the club. Picture taken in Germany in 2007. (David Biene, Hopped Up)

6. The first illustrated book by David Bean «Hopped Up» is nominated in the category of "Favorites" the German club of journalists. "What I like the most, because it is a positive feedback from people who like my project. The first book sold out in just 4 months, and I'm proud of. " (David Biene, Hopped Up)

7. The founder of the first German club «Hot Heads East» Rico in his workshop. Rico also like to organize the first race «Hot Rod» in Germany, which eventually took place at the former Russian airfield in eastern Germany. (David Biene, Hopped Up)

8. A member of the Swedish club «Hot Rod Club A Bombers» in «Speed ​​Shop» - own gas station in the suburbs of the south of Germany. (David Biene, Hopped Up)

9. Spanish rockabilly in the parking lot at the festival "Screaming Rockabilly" at sea, Spain, 2008. (David Biene, Hopped Up)

10. Priest - a father, a family man and the creator retromobiles racer and founder of the club «SUEDSTAHL» rolled into one. In this photo he is sitting in front of his main vehicle at the time. He drove his daughter to kindergarten, changed mufflers, tires and set off for the race. (David Biene, Hopped Up)

11. Anne and Terry - the founders of the club «Hot Rod Club Executioners» and promoters of the race «Hot Rod Hayride» in the UK. (David Biene, Hopped Up)

12. "In an interview in the book« Hopped Up », Niklas says he likes the feeling of fear. Well, scared with clunker is easy. More Niklas likes to drink with friends and have fun. What we do every time I come to him to Sweden, "- says David Bean. (David Biene, Hopped Up)

13. Portrait of David Bean. "My father always photographed at the weekend and on holidays. I got my first camera at age 14. At some point in front of me was the question of where to start: with photos or shooting. I chose the photograph and has since been working in this direction. " (David Biene, Hopped Up)

Source:

Tags

See also

New and interesting